Feature request: no default source

Everything related to MakeMKV
sfenwick

Feature request: no default source

Post by sfenwick »

Here's an annoyance: when running multiple instances of MKV, opening a new instance (at least on a Mac) will cause all disks to be scanned for content. This is a problem when multiple instances are running (at least on a Mac under 10.6.8), as it really thrashes any disks that are being used by another instance.

I *think* this could be solved by adding an option to turn off auto-scanning. I know which drive I just put a disk into, so I don't really need an auto-scan to find it.
Smithcraft

Re: Feature request: no default source

Post by Smithcraft »

I think that's a feature of OS X.

SC
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

sfenwick wrote:I *think* this could be solved by adding an option to turn off auto-scanning. I know which drive I just put a disk into, so I don't really need an auto-scan to find it.
This was requested several times and is on a to-do list. Can't promise when it'll be done though.
rcork

Post by rcork »

+1

This is really frustrating because without an option to turn off auto scan, it really means that if one rip finishes quickler (which happens every time), I have to wait to put in a new disk in the 2nd drive until the first is done too. Make it almost pointless to run more than one at once.
rcork

Post by rcork »

This appears to have gotten worse with 1.8.4. Now if i have one instance ripping a disc and start a new instance, it still hangs the second instance indefinitely and the first instance drops to 0.0kbps read rate.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an option to turn off auto scanning or at least when a new instnace is invoked it does not autoscan on its own.