No Encoding when selecting .bdmv

Everything related to MakeMKV
bluetigger68

No Encoding when selecting .bdmv

Post by bluetigger68 »

Hey,

I have several BD ripped on my disk, all rips are correct, can be watched by selecting any m2ts.
When I'm selecting any .bdmv in the main folder od the rip the program just heads back to the starting screen where I can select a dvd to convert.

I'm using beta 1.4.11, in the abouts the only feature enabled is DVD?
See attached to this post.
makemkv.png
I get this error in the debug log:
001012:000000:0020 DEBUG: Code 256 at J3g=Df_q+\eY/dB;#Q@sK:29394942

Any advice?

Thanks blue
setarip_old

Re: No Encoding when selecting .bdmv

Post by setarip_old »

For folders on your hard drive, you have to open them up and select either "index.bdmv" or "MovieObject.bdmv".

What software and procedures did you use to rip your original BluRay discs to your hard drive?

That "About" window contains less information than mine (No reference to "GUI"). Mine also only shows "DVD" but functions fully with BluRay discs as well.
Did you download yours from makemkv.com or somewhere else?

bluetigger68

Post by bluetigger68 »

Thank you for your reply,

I used the Fox to get the files on disk. I used an older version of makemkv before under vista and it was working just fine. I loaded the latest beta via makemkv.com.
As i stated in the innitial post nothing happens when selecting any .bdmv in the open-file-dialogue.
I always get the error message in the first post.

Thanks
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

all rips are correct, can be watched by selecting any m2ts.

1) Just because individual .M2TS files play, this doesn't prove that the BluRay "package" they're in is complete or "good". It just means the .M2TS is correct. If you want to test a hard drive rip, convert it to .ISO (of the full BluRay "package"), mount and then play with PowerDVD or similar

2) Try using
ONLY MakeMKV to re-rip your original BluRay disc