New user help, getting started on v1.80 on Mac

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
MaxJones

New user help, getting started on v1.80 on Mac

Post by MaxJones »

Hello everyone,
I just started using MakeMKV and it looks very promising. I hate to start with such a newb question but v1.80's interface on Mac is slightly different than it appears in the online tutorials. I don't see any of the chapter listings for Blu-Ray discs as I see in the tutorials, and I can't figure out if I'm supposed to open a file, or if I'm supposed to simply select "Backup" and let things run. My experience has been very hit-or-miss, so I'm hoping the forum can point me in the right direction.

Also, regarding debug logs - is that done by enabling "log debug messages" under Prefs > General? Is the log file generated under the MakeMKV data dir (e.g. ~/.MakeMKV)?

Thanks!

Update - well, I at least figured out that the debug log appears under ~/MakeMKV_log.txt.
Smithcraft

Re: New user help, getting started on v1.80 on Mac

Post by Smithcraft »

The tutorial images are from the old version of MakeMKV.

There is a small problem with the OS X version. Put the disc in and wait for it to show up in the Finder. Then open MakeMKV.

Click on the big disc drive icon.

You will be presented with a list of titles. You can either rip as is, or click on the little triangles and select the streams that are relevant to you.

MakeMKV does not rip by chapters, only by title.

SC
MaxJones

Post by MaxJones »

Smithcraft,
Thanks very much for clarifying the new UI!
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

No problem!

It might be more self explanatory if it had a button that said Copy Titles, and a button that said Back Up Bluray (grayed out for DVDs), instead of the big button.

SC