Hi
I've tried a couple of times to rip my DVD Copy of Twin Town and it is showing in 4:3 rather than 16:9.
If I play the DVD on my Blu ray player it displays in 16:9 but the MKV rip if I pay through vlc on my laptop or my Mede8er it shows in 4:3. I have the most up to date version of MakeMKV and all other rips I have done display in the right aspect.
Any ideas?
Thanks
DVD showing in wrong aspect
-
Smithcraft
- Posts: 664
- Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 pm
- Location: Seattle, WA
Re: DVD showing in wrong aspect
Some stuff on DVD is a bit more messy/complex that it should be and can have conflicting parameters.
You could try changing the aspect ratio in mkvtoolnix.
SC
You could try changing the aspect ratio in mkvtoolnix.
SC
-
adriandg
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:13 pm
Re: DVD showing in wrong aspect
Is that easy to do with mkvtoolnix?
Thanks
Thanks
-
Smithcraft
- Posts: 664
- Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 pm
- Location: Seattle, WA
Re: DVD showing in wrong aspect
It's pretty straight forward, but since it might be set in the actual stream, it's possible the player might disregard what you set in mkvtoolnix.
I think you can use the Header Editor rather than having to remux the whole file into another file.
SC
I think you can use the Header Editor rather than having to remux the whole file into another file.
SC
-
adriandg
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:13 pm
Re: DVD showing in wrong aspect
What's the header editor?
-
Smithcraft
- Posts: 664
- Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 pm
- Location: Seattle, WA
Re: DVD showing in wrong aspect
The Header Editor is a part of mkvtoolnix that just lets you change some specifics of the file and resave the header, rather than remux the whole file.
SC
SC