How do you know...

Everything related to MakeMKV
ZenDawg

How do you know...

Post by ZenDawg »

I will search after posting this but I hope someone could assist me.

I just built a HTPC and NAS (FreeNAS). I’ve used AssassinHTPC guy’s Blog to build and configure my HTPC and he recommended this program for ripping.

How do I know which track is which? I was hoping I didn’t have to rip each one to find out.

I just picked up the Alien Anthology Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart and I’m trying to rip the 2003 Director’s cut with Ridley Scott’s Introduction. But I don’t know which version is the Theatrical and which is the Director’s. I’m assuming the first thing listed would be his Intro?

Sorry for being a newbie but you have to start sometime and somewhere…. I’m a collector of cheap $6 ish blu-rays from Wal-Mart and have a lot that I want to rip to my HTPC before my surgery which is in 10 days.

Thanks!

RealityRipple

Re: How do you know...

Post by RealityRipple »

Your best bet is to look at the chapter list for each, which is usually included as an insert in the packaging, and compare the counts. Your second best bet is to rip the second and third titles and then watch them.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Or use the AVS BDInfo database to see which one to rip.

SC
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

In this particular case (Alien), the theatrical cut is a tad longer than the director's cut. If you want the latter, just pick the shorter of the two big titles.
ZenDawg

Post by ZenDawg »

Thanks!