DRAG ME TO HELL

Everything related to MakeMKV
stanglx

DRAG ME TO HELL

Post by stanglx »

MKV successfully created, does not crash MediaInfo and lists all proper codecs...

BUT

CRASHES EXPLORER.EXE when the file is highlighted.... crashes all players when trying to play (memory creeps up to over 1 gig)

AND

When making the MKV with .11 now memory goes up to about 1.6 Gig of ram and does not recover after the file create BUT is released after exiting the program...
setarip_old

Re: DRAG ME TO HELL

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Is your original, purchased disc a BluRay or a stanhdard DVD?
stanglx

Post by stanglx »

Yes my original purchased Bluray disc... everything finishes fine with no errors... But anything that tries to PLAY the movie causes that process to cause a memory leak which eventually crashes either the player or the whole machine..

I have used eac3to with MKVMerge with no issues on the same movie... So for sure its MakeMKV

What I did notice is eac3to sees it as 43 chapters but MakeMKV sees it as 42 chapters... that tells me its not reading the original movie properly
setarip_old wrote:Hi!

Is your original, purchased disc a BluRay or a stanhdard DVD?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

What I did notice is eac3to sees it as 43 chapters but MakeMKV sees it as 42 chapters... that tells me its not reading the original movie properly
1) As long as you've mentioned this, your conclusion would only be valid if your original BluRay disc also has 43 chapters

2) Are you sure that the MakeMKV version has 42 chapters, or does it have 43, starting with "Chapter 0"?