License issue

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Gravferd

License issue

Post by Gravferd » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi there.
I've bought a license to makemkv a while back and can successfully use this to register in both in windows and OSX. When i manually use the same key in the .Makemkv/settings.conf file it doesn't take, it dies after a month.
This would not be a problem if this system wasn't headless and I did run the GUI, which I don't, and therefore the only way i actually can spot the license expired is that the linux box eject the inserted dvd/blu-ray a bit too early (indication that the rip failed miserably), or i gotta look through logs from the bash job that runs the ripping.
There is of course the little perl script posted here (or was it over at vortex box forum) which scrape and update the key, this is fine as a cronjob. But this stills defies the purpose of me buying a license, and getting forced into the you're software is to old loop again. btw what's the config key for turning off the check for update (if it works don't fix it)...

G

mike admin

Re: License issue

Post by mike admin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:06 am

Gravferd wrote:I've bought a license to makemkv a while back and can successfully use this to register in both in windows and OSX. When i manually use the same key in the .Makemkv/settings.conf file it doesn't take, it dies after a month.
This is very wrong, it shouldn't happen. Please send your settings.conf to support@makemkv.com with a link to this topic, and we'll take it from there.