2 issues when converting DVDs

Everything related to MakeMKV
sancho1983

2 issues when converting DVDs

#1 Post by sancho1983 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm

I am in the process of converting all my DVDs to a format i can play on my WDTV live and have found MakeMKV pretty easy/quick to use. However, i can't seem to preserve any chapters, when i press next on my WDTV live it just comes up with the red no entry sign. Along with this, when i fast forward, whether it's at 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x, as soon as i press play again the film starts from the beginning, even if i have 'fast forwarded' 20 minutes into the film :?:

I'm sure I'm just not selecting something properly somewhere, but have been through the options and can't seem to see anything anywhere.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

ds2249

Re: 2 issues when converting DVDs

#2 Post by ds2249 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:21 pm

sancho1983 wrote:I am in the process of converting all my DVDs to a format i can play on my WDTV live and have found MakeMKV pretty easy/quick to use. However, i can't seem to preserve any chapters, when i press next on my WDTV live it just comes up with the red no entry sign. Along with this, when i fast forward, whether it's at 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x, as soon as i press play again the film starts from the beginning, even if i have 'fast forwarded' 20 minutes into the film :?:

I'm sure I'm just not selecting something properly somewhere, but have been through the options and can't seem to see anything anywhere.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help
Chapters are preserved withe MakeMKV. Most likely your player is not able to support the chapters allthough. Please download the free MPC-HC player and try if you can skip between chapters. This one supports chapters I know ( just tried ). VLC on the other hand does not.

The other issue with FF I am not sure how to adress.

philnort

#3 Post by philnort » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:46 pm

I am in the process of converting all my DVDs to a format i can play on my WDTV live and have found MakeMKV pretty easy/quick to use. However, i can't seem to preserve any chapters, when i press next on my WDTV live it just comes up with the red no entry sign
I too, have a WD-TV Live and use this great MakeMKV app. Believe me, the chapters are preserved. HOWEVER, it's the awkardness of the WD-TV Live UI that's at fault. The "logical" key to use would be the "Next" key; however, WD did not implement the common sense approach. Push the "Option" key, then slide over to the far right function "Chapters"...and you'll see your entire list of movie chapters. Hopefully, WD will polish and improve navigation features on the WD-TV Live on the next firmware release !

JoMa66

#4 Post by JoMa66 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem as "sancho1983" with the WDTV live. When i fast forward, whether it's at 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x, as soon as i press play again the film starts from the beginning.