Feature request: Show duration in the overview box

Everything related to MakeMKV
doveplay

Feature request: Show duration in the overview box

Post by doveplay »

After analyzing the disc, the window with a list of the discovered titles is shown. For each title, the number of chapters and the size in bytes is displayed. I request that the duration (which is available on the Info panel after highlighting a title) is also shown in this overview.

That is all. Just one eensie teensie little piece of information. Thanks for listening :)
setarip_old

Re: Feature request: Show duration in the overview box

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

If I understand your post correctly, I'd ask you why you'd need for this information to appear in TWO places?

In my personal opinion, it would tend to clutter an already busy screen.

If I've misunderstood your suggestion/request, please clarify...
doveplay

Post by doveplay »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

If I understand your post correctly, I'd ask you why you'd need for this information to appear in TWO places?

In my personal opinion, it would tend to clutter an already busy screen.
I usually select titles to rip based on the duration, which means I have to click each title in turn to determine if I need it or not. Sometimes I can make assumptions based on the size, but having the actual duration would be improve the usability for me greatly.

As to why having the same information in two places, we already do that (chapter count) in addition to irrelevant information (all titles are simply named "title", not adding any information). For me, the chapter count is completely irrelevant.

I would disagree that the screen is busy, but as you say, that is your opinion. Maybe having the data to be displayed configurable would address that concern. Then I could turn off chapter count, turn on duration and select to display the file name instead of simply "title".
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Chapter count is another way to determine which title is the main movie.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
fryk.

Post by fryk. »

Looking at the IMDb you can get the movie's duration, not a chapter count. So it would be better to show that duration.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Looking at IMDB you can get the approximate duration, not the exact duration.

SC
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Likewise, you can get the approximate running time by simply carefully looking at the packaging and/or the actual original, commercial disc...