Problems with new Installation under Debian Wheezy

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
batesman

Problems with new Installation under Debian Wheezy

Post by batesman »

Hi there,

I was using MakeMKV under Squeeze without Problems but under Wheezy it got weird.
I did a fresh Install under Wheezy with Version 1.7.7 (which seems to be the latest according to this forum).
But when I start MakeMKV it tells me that this Version is too old an that I should download the latest Version.
Also, when I try to register my Key I'm told that my key is wrong.

What can I do ?
batesman

Re: Problems with new Installation under Debian Wheezy

Post by batesman »

OK,

even no one answered...
It's running again. It seems MakeMKV got an update over the weekend which was yet not linked anywhere.
But here comes the next Problem. When I try to start 1.7.8 (1.7.7 is running) I get a message :

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/makemkvcon: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/bin/makemkvcon)
/usr/bin/makemkvcon: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/makemkvcon)
As I already wrote I use Wheezy, which uses "libc 2.13".
I don't want to backport a libc in a system which is not even released.
What can I do ???
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Will be corrected in the next version of MakeMKV, should be available shortly.
joplass

Post by joplass »

I am having the exact same issue.
Should we hang tight and wait for that correction? In that case it is worthy. Great app!

My output below:

Code: Select all

job@Luna:~$ makemkv
/usr/bin/makemkvcon: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/bin/makemkvcon)
/usr/bin/makemkvcon: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/makemkvcon)
job@Luna:~$ makemkvcon
makemkvcon: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by makemkvcon)
makemkvcon: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by makemkvcon)