Can no longer use it on Linux

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
erik777

Can no longer use it on Linux

Post by erik777 »

When I ran MakeMKV today, it says the application version is too old. This is usually when I download the latest and move on. But, the latest is 1.7.7, the version I currently have, and installed back in August. Re-installing it doesn't resolve it. There's no way to rip a DVD right now.
batesman

Re: Can no longer use it on Linux

Post by batesman »

What Distribution do use ?
Did you see my Post from this morning concerning Instalation under Wheezy ?
What happens when you Enter your Registration code.
I think you have the same Problem like me.
Gravferd

Post by Gravferd »

Hi there.
I seem to experience the same issue as well I'm on 12.04.1? running a headless ripper. I bought a key ages ago and the key is operational on makemkv on my mac and a win box, but I get the same update error on linux. have latest makemkv installed, so there should not be any reason to update, and when i try using the updated beta key instead of my bought key it still fails.
any thoughts???

G
martin_z

Post by martin_z »

Have a look at this thread - it should solve your problem, as it did mine.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Gravferd

Post by Gravferd »

That is bogus...
Why should I have to apply a beta key when I've purchased a key?
And issue is still persistent when the .Makemkv/settings.conf file has been updated with that specific app_Key
And there is as far as I can see no new version of makemkv.

As a sidenote, where can I have makemkv stop polling the webserver for updates from the commanline in linux? Can't for the life of me find any other settings file than the one in the .Makemk...
G
Gravferd

Post by Gravferd »

OK so there was a new release, installing it sort of fixed the outdated application issue but I still get this:
"This functionality is shareware. You may evaluate it for 30 days after what you would need to purchase an activation key if you like the functionality. Do you want to start evaluation period now?","This functionality is shareware. You may evaluate it for %1 days after what you would need to purchase an activation key if you like the functionality. Do you want to start evaluation period now?","30"
even though I've purchased a license... which kind of defies the purpose of buying licenses...
And before somebody does the you will have to register post... this is a headless server no gui...
G