Flac transcoding crashing
-
Icanseestars
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:12 am
Flac transcoding crashing
I've been trying out the Flac transcoding but haven't had any luck so far, seems to crash every time I try. I've changed builds of ffmpeg, different Blu-ray's and it makes no difference (audio track selected was TrueHD).
Running Windows 7 64-bit, used latest ffmpeg from zeranoe, it just crashes, asks to send error report then MakeMKV cancels the job.
I've attached the log if that can help.
Running Windows 7 64-bit, used latest ffmpeg from zeranoe, it just crashes, asks to send error report then MakeMKV cancels the job.
I've attached the log if that can help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
mike admin
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
As of 1.7.7 MakeMKV comes with its own ffmpeg executable. Just clear the ffmpeg location in preferences and it'll revert to using builtin mmffmpeg.
-
holunder2
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
I have cleared the FFMPEG location in the settings but with 1.7.7 each time I try to convert to FLAC I get: "Unable to execute external program 'ffmpeg' as its path is not set in preferences". :/
MakeMKV 1.7.7 on 64-Bit Linux. BTW: What is the location of the mmffmpeg binary? Is it in the MakeMKV binary?
MakeMKV 1.7.7 on 64-Bit Linux. BTW: What is the location of the mmffmpeg binary? Is it in the MakeMKV binary?
-
mike admin
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
Linux is a special case - mmffmpeg comes pre-compiled only on Windows and Mac, for Linux you have to compile one yourself from source.
-
holunder2
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
@mike admin:
Will your 24 bit patch get into upstream in time? Have you sent the patch so the ffmpeg developers?
So long, a pre-compiled binary of mmffmpeg would be very handy on Linux too, because I have compiled and installed it and I'm still getting only 16 bit FLACs... Maybe I miss something, I don't know. :/
Will your 24 bit patch get into upstream in time? Have you sent the patch so the ffmpeg developers?
So long, a pre-compiled binary of mmffmpeg would be very handy on Linux too, because I have compiled and installed it and I'm still getting only 16 bit FLACs... Maybe I miss something, I don't know. :/
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
Justin (Ruggles) has a patch for 24-bit FLAC which looks a tad cleaner that the MakeMKV one. It's mostly ready and just needs cleanup, but it's not terribly high on his priority list.holunder2 wrote:@mike admin:
Will your 24 bit patch get into upstream in time? Have you sent the patch so the ffmpeg developers?
So long, a pre-compiled binary of mmffmpeg would be very handy on Linux too, because I have compiled and installed it and I'm still getting only 16 bit FLACs... Maybe I miss something, I don't know. :/
In any case, since you can build from source, may I suggested applying the MakeMKV patch?
http://www.makemkv.com/download/ffmpeg/
-
holunder2
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
Hey,
the result that I still got 16 bit FLAC was as I had installed the mmffmpeg over my system's ffmpeg and I suspect this was the problem. So I made a fine Arch package and installed it into /opt and wrote into the FFMPEG location field in MakeMKV. When I run this in a terminal it works. But in MakeMKV the program freezes at conversion and even doesn't work. Then I tried to put this into a wrapper:
made it executable and set the FMPEG location to /home/username/.MakeMKV/mmffmpegwrapper.sh but MakeMKV still freezes at conversation.
I didn't applied the mmffmpeg patch from http://www.makemkv.com/download/ffmpeg/ because it is already integrated in the main archive. I think so.
So, now I can't use mmffmpeg although it is installed. :/
EDIT: Oh, a friend told me, I need to set $@ at the end of the line, so
works!!
The wrapper is necessary, but it works now and I get 24 bit FLACs, yeah! 
the result that I still got 16 bit FLAC was as I had installed the mmffmpeg over my system's ffmpeg and I suspect this was the problem. So I made a fine Arch package and installed it into /opt and wrote
Code: Select all
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mmffmpeg/lib /opt/mmffmpeg/bin/ffmpegCode: Select all
/usr/lib/ld-2.16.so --library-path /opt/mmffmpeg/lib /opt/mmffmpeg/bin/ffmpegCode: Select all
#!/bin/sh
[command 1 / command 2]I didn't applied the mmffmpeg patch from http://www.makemkv.com/download/ffmpeg/ because it is already integrated in the main archive. I think so.
So, now I can't use mmffmpeg although it is installed. :/
EDIT: Oh, a friend told me, I need to set $@ at the end of the line, so
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mmffmpeg/lib /opt/mmffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg $@-
holunder2
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
Hey, I have sent the patch to ffmpeg devs, regardless of @Romansh's hint on another patch. They ask for the name of the author, please respond: http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/210
-
mike admin
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
This patch is Public domain. No copyright is claimed. Feel free to give a link to this page.
-
mike admin
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
When building ffmpeg, pass "--disable-shared --enable-static" to configure and you won't be needing any wrapper. The ffmpeg executable will be self-contained with no dependencies on any (non-system) libraries.holunder2 wrote:works!!The wrapper is necessary, but it works now and I get 24 bit FLACs, yeah!
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
http://patches.libav.org/patch/29771/Romansh wrote:Justin (Ruggles) has a patch for 24-bit FLAC which looks a tad cleaner that the MakeMKV one. It's mostly ready and just needs cleanup, but it's not terribly high on his priority list.holunder2 wrote:@mike admin:
Will your 24 bit patch get into upstream in time? Have you sent the patch so the ffmpeg developers?
So long, a pre-compiled binary of mmffmpeg would be very handy on Linux too, because I have compiled and installed it and I'm still getting only 16 bit FLACs... Maybe I miss something, I don't know. :/
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
-
holunder2
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
@Romansh: Wow, great! Thank you very much for you work! ?
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: Flac transcoding crashing
I'm not Justin thoughholunder2 wrote:@Romansh: Wow, great! Thank you very much for you work! ?