None of my Blu ray iso files are read by MakeMkv

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Z0001

None of my Blu ray iso files are read by MakeMkv

Post by Z0001 »

Hi

I ripped my Blu ray library with AnyDVD HD to iso. I tried to convert a bunch of these iso files using makemkv, but it says failed to decrypt, can't read. Tried with AnyDVD on and off, no difference. DVDs seem fine.

Tried this with 300, 2001 A space odyssey and Alien. All had same problem.

Any ideas?
Z
setarip_old

Re: None of my Blu ray iso files are read by MakeMkv

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Make your life simple and just use MakeMKV to DIRECTLY (NO AnyDVD, DVDFab, etc.) re-rip your original Blu-ray discs
Z0001

Post by Z0001 »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

Make your life simple and just use MakeMKV to DIRECTLY (NO AnyDVD, DVDFab, etc.) re-rip your original Blu-ray discs
That will be my last step since I'll have to haul the discs out of deep storage. What has got me puzzled is why makemkv has stopped working with my Blu ray iso files all of a sudden, when it was fine a week or so ago. Others use makemkv to convert their AnyDVD ripped and protected Blu ray iso files without issue, so I am just looking for where to start troubleshooting this.

Cheers
Z
paulster

Post by paulster »

Z0001 wrote:What has got me puzzled is why makemkv has stopped working with my Blu ray iso files all of a sudden, when it was fine a week or so ago. Others use makemkv to convert their AnyDVD ripped and protected Blu ray iso files without issue, so I am just looking for where to start troubleshooting this.
I haven't converted one Blu-ray directly yet; every one of mine has been from an ISO since that's the first step in my ripping workflow to rip it to ISO for backup with AnyDVD.

Sure, I could rip an ISO with MakeMKV but since I already have AnyDVD I see no reason to change. And it's always been absolutely flawless, so there's no reason you should have to dig out your collection unless the particular discs were ones that were ripped with one of the old, problematic, AnyDVD versions.

Have you tried using MakeMKV against an ISO you've previously had working, to see whether it now doesn't like ISOs it did before, or whether these might be problematic ISOs?
Z0001

Post by Z0001 »

paulster wrote:
Z0001 wrote:What has got me puzzled is why makemkv has stopped working with my Blu ray iso files all of a sudden, when it was fine a week or so ago. Others use makemkv to convert their AnyDVD ripped and protected Blu ray iso files without issue, so I am just looking for where to start troubleshooting this.
I haven't converted one Blu-ray directly yet; every one of mine has been from an ISO since that's the first step in my ripping workflow to rip it to ISO for backup with AnyDVD.

Sure, I could rip an ISO with MakeMKV but since I already have AnyDVD I see no reason to change. And it's always been absolutely flawless, so there's no reason you should have to dig out your collection unless the particular discs were ones that were ripped with one of the old, problematic, AnyDVD versions.

Have you tried using MakeMKV against an ISO you've previously had working, to see whether it now doesn't like ISOs it did before, or whether these might be problematic ISOs?
I tried with an iso I made into an mkv using makemkv 10 days ago, but now makemkv will not work and fails to. Decrypt, whether I mount the iso or use makemkv to load it. So something has changed so that makemkv will not play with blu ray fom 10 days ago.

Any bright ideas? I'll try a fresh install first.

Cheers
Z
Z0001

Post by Z0001 »

Fresh install no good makemkv still won't work with blu ray iso, this is the error message:

MakeMKV v1.7.4 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

Need some help!
Z0001

Post by Z0001 »

I just posted this over on AnyDVD ...

Interesting ... I tried with a physical blu ray disc and AnyDVD running and low and behold makemkv worked.

This is a pain as I have all my discs ripped to iso and the physical discs are in deep storage,so would appreciate any ideas or knowledge why my protected iso files which i ripped with AnyDVD are no longer working in makemkv.

Cheers
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Z0001 wrote:I just posted this over on AnyDVD ...

Interesting ... I tried with a physical blu ray disc and AnyDVD running and low and behold makemkv worked.

This is a pain as I have all my discs ripped to iso and the physical discs are in deep storage,so would appreciate any ideas or knowledge why my protected iso files which i ripped with AnyDVD are no longer working in makemkv.

Cheers
You probably created your ISO images without removing encryption.

See http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/12