So I noticed that MakeMKV is pinging IP 185.84.108.20
My question is, if I block that IP, does MakeMKV V2.0 still work just fine?
My concern is based on current geopolitical situations...
I did a Whois:
netname: MAJORDOMO-185-84-108
country: RU
admin-c: MJDM-RIPE
tech-c: MJDM-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: MNT-MAJORDOMO
created: 2023-12-07T15:11:16Z
last-modified: 2023-12-07T15:11:16Z
source: RIPE
role: MAJORDOMO.RU NOC
address: RUSSIAN FEDERATION
address: Saint-Petersburg
address: 196233
address: p.o. box 34, OOO "Xocting"
phone: +7 812 3353545
phone: +7 495 7272278
abuse-mailbox: email@majordomo.ru
nic-hdl: MJDM-RIPE
mnt-by: MNT-MAJORDOMO
created: 2007-08-06T09:43:23Z
last-modified: 2021-12-08T14:57:07Z
source: RIPE # Filtered
Whois IP 185.84.108.20
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10982
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Whois IP 185.84.108.20
That is where makemkv.com actually exists. When you use the webpage, you get redirected through cloudflare to it, but the site is actually in what used to be called the "soviet block".
Personally, I haven't blocked things that tightly on my systems. But a lot of people do...
MakeMKV only needs to access that block when you insert a disk it hasn't downloaded a key for. As such, many people never have to add any configuration to allow it. But, some firewalls will flat-out block any attempt to access it, so people must be aware of it when it happens.
Personally, I haven't blocked things that tightly on my systems. But a lot of people do...
MakeMKV only needs to access that block when you insert a disk it hasn't downloaded a key for. As such, many people never have to add any configuration to allow it. But, some firewalls will flat-out block any attempt to access it, so people must be aware of it when it happens.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging