Hi,
I am new to the community, this has been my hobby since being injured in an accident. My neighbor has a 1000+ movie collection in mostly Blu ray and dvds and he is letting me digitize them for a Jellyfin server. I have ripped the majority of the collection and now I am running into a small issue with ripping the remaining Blu rays.
I am getting incredibly slow read speeds lately. The drive is an LG BP50NB40 that I flashed immediately and has been great up until now, there are about 150-200 movies left to digitize, any help to rectify the speed issue would be greatly appreciated.
LG BP50NB40 0.2x read speeds after ripping 100s of discs
-
nodnarb1217
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 5:54 pm
-
Sayaka
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2026 3:00 pm
Re: LG BP50NB40 0.2x read speeds after ripping 100s of discs
Hello and welcome !
Also, we cannot see your screenshot. I believe the file size is too big, you might want to either convert it to jpg or upload it somewhere else.
I am sorry to hear about your injury. Best wishes from me.I am new to the community, this has been my hobby since being injured in an accident.
My neighbor has a 1000+ movie collection in mostly Blu ray and dvds and he is letting me digitize them for a Jellyfin server.
If you digitized something like 800 movies with an LG BP50NB40... I believe it's very possible that your drive is getting exhausted, possibly beyond repair.there are about 150-200 movies left to digitize
Also, we cannot see your screenshot. I believe the file size is too big, you might want to either convert it to jpg or upload it somewhere else.
-
nodnarb1217
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 5:54 pm
Re: LG BP50NB40 0.2x read speeds after ripping 100s of discs
For some reason it appears to only be an issue with 4k discs that also have Blu rays, I just ripped Out of the Furnace at 4.1x read speed
Last edited by nodnarb1217 on Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
MartyMcNuts
- Posts: 5088
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm
Re: LG BP50NB40 0.2x read speeds after ripping 100s of discs
Might be just that disc. 4x speed is fine. Try cleaning the troublesome disc(s) before attempting to rip them.nodnarb1217 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:54 am For some reason it appears to only be an issue with 4k discs that also have Blu rays, I just ripped Out of the Furnace at 4.1x read speed
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com