Boxcab wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2026 11:57 am
I'm going to try to update the firmware on my ASUS BW-16D1X-U (a USB connected drive). Any suggestions, warnings or tricks that I need to be aware of??
Thanks in advance.
.
if its mt1959
see op or guide below or email me or marty for the auto flasher
if its an a pioneer platform email me the drive info
see below for email
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: A104
Serial number: KLOK36I***
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:47
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 76
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible (with patched firmware)
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 0.A104W
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)
I do not see the "mt1959" reference anywhere here or on the drive.
Well, Bit confused.
I have the firmware pack my drive though internal to my pc is, I think, listed under slim external drives.
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: U104
Serial number: xxxxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2121-11-17 09:58
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
I have written current firmare to my pc so i have a backup.
From you list of firmwares
do i use
DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin
or
DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK.bin
or something completely different?
oldshield1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2026 5:59 pm
Well, Bit confused.
I have the firmware pack my drive though internal to my pc is, I think, listed under slim external drives.
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: U104
Serial number: xxxxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2121-11-17 09:58
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
I have written current firmare to my pc so i have a backup.
From you list of firmwares
do i use
DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin
or
DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK.bin
or something completely different?
thanks in advance.
FYI, since your BU40N has encrypted firmware that backup only contains the important Cal data and is not the whole firmware file.
Also, since the firmware is encrypted, you must flash BU40N 1.03-MK first. You can leave it on that firmware if you only use MakeMKV or Xreveal for UHD ripping otherwise, if you use other UHD ripping software such as DVDFab then you should flash BU40N 1.00 next.
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
oldshield1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2026 3:59 am
thank you so much.
command produced error code 0xff056103 when using the DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK.bin file
Take the disc out of the drive and close the tray.
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
So I followed the steps to flash my BP50NB40 drive. Make MKV says Liberdrive is enabled but the drive still won't read 4K discs. Any idea what's wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrMegadeth99 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2026 2:13 pm
So I followed the steps to flash my BP50NB40 drive. Make MKV says Liberdrive is enabled but the drive still won't read 4K discs. Any idea what's wrong?
Looks like you've only done the 1st part. See the "to flash the BP50NB40 SVC:NB52" notes in the 1st post of this topic.
MrMegadeth99 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2026 2:13 pm
So I followed the steps to flash my BP50NB40 drive. Make MKV says Liberdrive is enabled but the drive still won't read 4K discs. Any idea what's wrong?
whats the svc code on the drive if its not nb50 or 52 you bricked it
If I do that then the drive doesn't read 4Ks or blu ray discs. With BP50 it at least still reads blu ray discs. Do you know what went wrong? I followed the steps exactly and even watched the tutorial video on the first page of this post.