A DVD with one Video but two different audio sources.

Everything related to MakeMKV
ripone

A DVD with one Video but two different audio sources.

Post by ripone »

I ripped a DVD that has one 45 minute video with a Christmas Audio Track and also a non seasonal audio track.

After the rip I got two 1.4 or so GB files and about ten small MB files.

I was hoping one of the large files was one track and the other large file the other track. But this was not the case as they were both the same track which was the Christmas Track.

I found when I play them with XBMC I can manually change to the other track/audio source thru settings, but I would really like two separate .mkv files. One with Christmas audio and the other with the seasonal Audio track.

1. Is there away for me to get inside the .mkv file and change it to the other audio source permanently and then save it?

2. What are the ten small .mkv files that MakeMKV created along with the two large ones? They are all about five to 8 minutes long and basically total up to 45 minutes. Are they chapters?

Thanks in advance.
paulster

Re: A DVD with one Video but two different audio sources.

Post by paulster »

Yes, you can do this.

Remux it twice with MKVtoolnix, once selecting only the first audio track, the second time selecting only the second audio track.
ripone

Post by ripone »

Would this .mkv editor do it? MKV Editor Windows 7

http://software-download.name/editing-mkv-files/
paulster

Post by paulster »

I have no idea since I don't use it and I've already given you a (free) solution that will work.

Maybe someone else has experience with this software but pretty much anybody who does anything with MKVs will use MKVtoolnix for these kinds of tasks.
ripone

Post by ripone »

Paulster,
I am not even sure I saw your post with a solution before I posted mine so thanks!

I will give that a try.