Windows Explorer under Win7 crashes upon opening directory

Everything related to MakeMKV
pennyfromheaven

Windows Explorer under Win7 crashes upon opening directory

Post by pennyfromheaven »

Strange happenings... Running Win7, 64-bit. Program decodes blu-rays successfully. But when I go to open the windows directory that contains he MKV files, explorer crashes. Explorer restarts, but the same thing happens every time I try to look at the directory with those files. Needless to say, I can't open them! Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks...
crowfax

Re: Windows Explorer under Win7 crashes upon opening directo

Post by crowfax »

Do you have the DivX software installed? That's usually what causes it.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
pennyfromheaven

Post by pennyfromheaven »

Yes, that was it, thank you so much. Uninstalled DivX, no problem any more.
celavey

Post by celavey »

Mine had it run in 32bit and it has been fixed right away. I shouldn't have done that, but instead remove DivX..
twa000

Post by twa000 »

I agree it's easier to remove DivX, but an alternative is to dive into the DivX Media foundation components folder and rename XDivXThumbnailProvider.dll and XDivXPropertyHandler.dll - this normally solves the problem.

If you really want to clean up and have Ccleaner then run a registry clean which will remove the registry entry for DivX thumbnail generation