File playing problem with VLC and MPC

Everything related to MakeMKV
Fahim

File playing problem with VLC and MPC

#1 Post by Fahim » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:00 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I must say what a wonderful program MakeMKV is.

I tried to convert a few dvd to mkv and the problem I am facing is the mkv file runs in vlc, and then crashes withing seconds, sometimes minutes, specially when I try to fast forward (Ctrl+right arrow) in vlc. And MPC just stutters.

Please advise. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is it just a bug which will hopefully be fixed in the next release.

Thank you everyone for helping me. I am in love with this program, makes it so easy to convert them, only If there was a workaround.

Marc_G

Re: File playing problem with VLC and MPC

#2 Post by Marc_G » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm

For us to help you, please supply details like your system configuration, OS, software, and what type of video it is. There are many kinds of video, some easier to play than others.

Marc

fhqwhgads

Re: File playing problem with VLC and MPC

#3 Post by fhqwhgads » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi Fahim,

I use OS X and I gave up on VLC for playing my MKV files (ripped from DVD), same problem you experienced. I found that MPlayer works well (on Mac anyway, using MPlayer OS X Extended) as long as you set the screenshot location to "Disabled" - something to do with the way filters are processed was causing glitchy playback problems. Give it a try!