Hi Billy,
I've send the email, please check spam folder in case you have not received it... a lot of times it puts me there, for some reason unknown to me.
Edit got your reply thanks
Thanks.
BrW
Asus BW-16D1X-U
-
octobat
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2025 12:17 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
Hello,
I just got the same drive today, how can I make it read UHD discs? Drive info below. Thank you!
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
No disc inserted
I just got the same drive today, how can I make it read UHD discs? Drive info below. Thank you!
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
No disc inserted
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
Yes email me that drive info see email belowoctobat wrote: Mon Aug 25, 2025 12:20 am Hello,
I just got the same drive today, how can I make it read UHD discs? Drive info below. Thank you!
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
No disc inserted
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
ylofters
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2025 11:03 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
HI,
Just wanted to drop by and shout out Billy. I also have a Asus BW-16D1X-U and I was up and running with UHD discs within a couple of hours of reaching out to him.
Thanks again Billy!
Just wanted to drop by and shout out Billy. I also have a Asus BW-16D1X-U and I was up and running with UHD discs within a couple of hours of reaching out to him.
Thanks again Billy!
-
N00bE
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2025 9:40 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
I just purchased this drive and show the following:
=====
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
Disc Information
Label: JOURNEY_EDGE_OF_UNIVERSE
Timestamp: 2009-01-19 22:15:56
Protection: CSS/CPPM
Data capacity: 4.19 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 1 (PTP)
=====
I assume that there is a Pioneer RS8F00 drive in the enclosure and the firmware would need to be flashed with the SDFtool Flasher (currently version 1.3.6). Once flashed with the correct firmware, then "Drive Platform: MT1959" will be displayed and I can backup my blu-ray discs using MakeMKV. Is this correct?
=====
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
Disc Information
Label: JOURNEY_EDGE_OF_UNIVERSE
Timestamp: 2009-01-19 22:15:56
Protection: CSS/CPPM
Data capacity: 4.19 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 1 (PTP)
=====
I assume that there is a Pioneer RS8F00 drive in the enclosure and the firmware would need to be flashed with the SDFtool Flasher (currently version 1.3.6). Once flashed with the correct firmware, then "Drive Platform: MT1959" will be displayed and I can backup my blu-ray discs using MakeMKV. Is this correct?
-
MartyMcNuts
- Posts: 5088
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
No, you are totally wrong. You are mixing up two completely dfferent drive platforms. SDFtool flasher only works with MT1959 drives, think LG and some ASUS. Yours is a Pioneer and will always remain a Pioneer. Try contacting Billycar11 as he should be able to help you with this drive.N00bE wrote: Sun Sep 07, 2025 9:50 pm I just purchased this drive and show the following:
=====
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
Disc Information
Label: JOURNEY_EDGE_OF_UNIVERSE
Timestamp: 2009-01-19 22:15:56
Protection: CSS/CPPM
Data capacity: 4.19 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 1 (PTP)
=====
I assume that there is a Pioneer RS8F00 drive in the enclosure and the firmware would need to be flashed with the SDFtool Flasher (currently version 1.3.6). Once flashed with the correct firmware, then "Drive Platform: MT1959" will be displayed and I can backup my blu-ray discs using MakeMKV. Is this correct?
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
yes see my email below i have a flasher for you just send over that infoN00bE wrote: Sun Sep 07, 2025 9:50 pm I just purchased this drive and show the following:
=====
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
Disc Information
Label: JOURNEY_EDGE_OF_UNIVERSE
Timestamp: 2009-01-19 22:15:56
Protection: CSS/CPPM
Data capacity: 4.19 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 1 (PTP)
=====
I assume that there is a Pioneer RS8F00 drive in the enclosure and the firmware would need to be flashed with the SDFtool Flasher (currently version 1.3.6). Once flashed with the correct firmware, then "Drive Platform: MT1959" will be displayed and I can backup my blu-ray discs using MakeMKV. Is this correct?
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
N00bE
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2025 9:40 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
Thanks for the clarification - greatly appreciated. I will message Billycar11.MartyMcNuts wrote: Sun Sep 07, 2025 11:19 pmNo, you are totally wrong. You are mixing up two completely dfferent drive platforms. SDFtool flasher only works with MT1959 drives, think LG and some ASUS. Yours is a Pioneer and will always remain a Pioneer. Try contacting Billycar11 as he should be able to help you with this drive.N00bE wrote: Sun Sep 07, 2025 9:50 pm I just purchased this drive and show the following:
=====
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
Disc Information
Label: JOURNEY_EDGE_OF_UNIVERSE
Timestamp: 2009-01-19 22:15:56
Protection: CSS/CPPM
Data capacity: 4.19 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 1 (PTP)
=====
I assume that there is a Pioneer RS8F00 drive in the enclosure and the firmware would need to be flashed with the SDFtool Flasher (currently version 1.3.6). Once flashed with the correct firmware, then "Drive Platform: MT1959" will be displayed and I can backup my blu-ray discs using MakeMKV. Is this correct?
-
JohnnyTerrible
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2025 10:54 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
Hi, I just got the follow drive.
=====================
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number: DIDL124013WL
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 36
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
=====================
Could anyone help me out?
I'm backing up physical media that I own.
=====================
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number: DIDL124013WL
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 36
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
=====================
Could anyone help me out?
I'm backing up physical media that I own.
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
yes email me that info see below for emailJohnnyTerrible wrote: Mon Sep 08, 2025 11:21 pm Hi, I just got the follow drive.
=====================
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number: DIDL124013WL
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 36
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
=====================
Could anyone help me out?
I'm backing up physical media that I own.
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
OneBadTexican
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2025 8:10 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
I have tried to read as much as possible on this forum about flashing my newly obtained Asus BW-16D1X-U drive. However I keep reading different conflicting posts and I am confused.
I have emailed Billy several times but I have yet to receive a response. All I need to know is what will his flash program allow my drive to do and can my drive actually be flashed? I have read several posts that my drive has to have a manufacturing date of 2020 or later.
Can anyone please educate me? The following is the information that MakeMKV gives me. I have emailed Billy to buy his program but since he hasn't responded I am hoping you can tell me what capabilities I will have after using his program when and if he responds to my emails.
Asus BW-16D1X-U
Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E111
Serial number: RGDL025687WL
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 76
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8601
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E111/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
No disc inserted
I have emailed Billy several times but I have yet to receive a response. All I need to know is what will his flash program allow my drive to do and can my drive actually be flashed? I have read several posts that my drive has to have a manufacturing date of 2020 or later.
Can anyone please educate me? The following is the information that MakeMKV gives me. I have emailed Billy to buy his program but since he hasn't responded I am hoping you can tell me what capabilities I will have after using his program when and if he responds to my emails.
Asus BW-16D1X-U
Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E111
Serial number: RGDL025687WL
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 76
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8601
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E111/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
No disc inserted
-
zittrig
- Posts: 395
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
Your drive can be flashed. You've to wait until Billy is reacting, I think.
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
i respond to all my emailsOneBadTexican wrote: Wed Sep 10, 2025 2:59 am I have tried to read as much as possible on this forum about flashing my newly obtained Asus BW-16D1X-U drive. However I keep reading different conflicting posts and I am confused.
I have emailed Billy several times but I have yet to receive a response. All I need to know is what will his flash program allow my drive to do and can my drive actually be flashed? I have read several posts that my drive has to have a manufacturing date of 2020 or later.
Can anyone please educate me? The following is the information that MakeMKV gives me. I have emailed Billy to buy his program but since he hasn't responded I am hoping you can tell me what capabilities I will have after using his program when and if he responds to my emails.
Asus BW-16D1X-U
Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E111
Serial number: RGDL025687WL
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 76
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8601
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E111/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
No disc inserted
wonder if you are one of the many that has full mailboxes and say i dont respond
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
JohnnyTerrible
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2025 10:54 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U
Just wanted to give an update for other people looking to flash this drive. I bought my drive from my local microcenter on 9/5/2025. It's an ASUS BW-16D1X-U. See MakeMKV drive information below.
=====================
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number: DIDL124013WL
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 36
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
=====================
If your drive matches these specs when you look at it on MakeMKV it *IS FLASH-ABLE* with the right flasher and firmware.
I went ahead and just made a private deal with another individual to send me the right flasher and firmware and it worked perfectly. I'm currently backing up my UHD bluray collection.
I saw a lot of back and fourth when doing research so I just wanted to CONFIRM this is flash-able.
=====================
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E113
Serial number: DIDL124013WL
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 36
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8F00
Firmware version: ID76
=====================
If your drive matches these specs when you look at it on MakeMKV it *IS FLASH-ABLE* with the right flasher and firmware.
I went ahead and just made a private deal with another individual to send me the right flasher and firmware and it worked perfectly. I'm currently backing up my UHD bluray collection.
I saw a lot of back and fourth when doing research so I just wanted to CONFIRM this is flash-able.