Bluray Streaming

Everything related to MakeMKV
cactus128

Bluray Streaming

Post by cactus128 »

Hi,

I have just bought a bluray drive for my pc for the use of 'ahem' playing blurays.

I also found this really useful feature in makemkv that enables you to stream the disk in the drive.

I tried this out on my wireless system and it ran very badly, so I have now installed a cat 5 cable betwenn my pc and the router.

It runs a lot better but I am still getting slightly jerky playback and sound dropouts. The network is well within spec, the cpu is under no real strain, but the memory is running at about 85% (2gb of RAM)

Would increasing my RAM size to 4gb make any difference, or am I trying to do the impossible?

The test bluray is the new star trek film.

Cheers,

Rob Owen
cactus128

Re: Bluray Streaming

Post by cactus128 »

bump
mike admin

Re: Bluray Streaming

Post by mike admin »

The reason for dropouts is likely not the network, but the "seamless joins". Many discs have titles that are made of multiple "segments". When producing MKV files, MakeMKV takes a great deal of effort to join all segments properly. But when streaming, it just concatenates all files and sends them to the player - it's vey likely that PS3 just can't join the segments without the noticeable hiccup.