Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
-
RESET_9999
- Posts: 2421
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Post
by RESET_9999 » Sun Mar 09, 2025 4:47 pm
daffie wrote: Sun Mar 09, 2025 4:37 pm
Big thanks to RESET_9999 and skull88 for the suggestions about the best (=most accurate) picture settings for DoVi on my LG G1.
I have to agree that Cinema Home is too bright, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
I'm surprised they didn't rename your ''cinema'' picture mode to ''filmmaker'' as they did on the 2022 series with the latest update. Do you have the latest firmware?
The ''cinema home'' vs ''cinema'' modes were confusing, and ''filmmaker'' name makes much more sense IMO.
-
daffie
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:10 pm
Post
by daffie » Sun Mar 09, 2025 6:23 pm
RESET_9999 wrote: Sun Mar 09, 2025 4:47 pm
daffie wrote: Sun Mar 09, 2025 4:37 pm
Big thanks to RESET_9999 and skull88 for the suggestions about the best (=most accurate) picture settings for DoVi on my LG G1.
I have to agree that Cinema Home is too bright, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
I'm surprised they didn't rename your ''cinema'' picture mode to ''filmmaker'' as they did on the 2022 series with the latest update. Do you have the latest firmware?
The ''cinema home'' vs ''cinema'' modes were confusing, and ''filmmaker'' name makes much more sense IMO.
Yes mate, latest firmware. Still received an update just a week ago actually.
In HDR mode there is a filmmaker mode, but not in Dovi.
Doesnt matter, it's just a fancy name. On the G1 Cinema = filmmaker mode on the C/G2.
I would only use the Cinema Home mode in the future for very dark movies. And per skull88 suggestion I lowered peak panel brightness from high to medium in the Cinema Home mode.
LG OLED65G1RLA / Samsung HW-Q990D / Panasonic UB820 / Ugoos AM6B+ (CE with avdvplus Build)
-
deadchip12
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am
Post
by deadchip12 » Mon Mar 10, 2025 3:32 am
RESET_9999 wrote: Sun Mar 09, 2025 1:28 pm
deadchip12 wrote: Sun Mar 09, 2025 3:36 am
@RESET9999
For some movies that only have hdr10 in bluray version, when I look at your rpu folder, I see multiple rpu files; some of them are .bin, some are .xml. For example, Avengers End Game have 3 rpu files:
-Avengers.Endgame.2019.IMAX.PRORES_MASTER P5 to P8.bin
-Avengers.Endgame.2019.BD_P5 to P8.bin
-Avengers.Endgame.2019.BD_Generated OSC T3 (best version).xml
Is the best version cmv4.0 and are the other two cmv2.9? Should I always use the best version then?
And based on your grademaster check, for this film, it is not certain that injecting DV into the bluray version will work? How do I know that it's not working?
The best version of this movie would be the imax prores version but the guy who did it apparently doesn't know what he's doing and there are many glitches in it. I reported it on BHD but he never repacked or even responded. The web-dl measurement looks brighter than the BD, so the safest version is my generated RPU. Not to mention the framestor remux rpu is out of sync.
XML is the same as bin, XML just takes less space on my GD.
I'm running dovi_scripts right now. Somehow it's editing L6 by itself?

-
RESET_9999
- Posts: 2421
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Post
by RESET_9999 » Mon Mar 10, 2025 10:38 am
xml input auto edit l6
-
Zetph
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2025 4:37 pm
Post
by Zetph » Tue Mar 11, 2025 5:09 am
I'm confused, genuinely as I don't know if this is a specific topic for something or if there is something to learn.
I've always used makemkv for movies so far, and have always had DoVi and Atmos support withing the mkv container and just Jellyfin on Shield. Using a Hisense w/ eArc.
Is there something I should be aware of in the future when I want to upgrade to an LG or similar? Seems from the comments the answer is yes.
Or is this about reducing the disc size down and maintaining it?

-
daffie
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:10 pm
Post
by daffie » Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:07 pm
So CPM build always generates L5 - even when it's missing L5 ?
What does it generate exactly ? Does it use 0 (zero) value in those cases ?
LG OLED65G1RLA / Samsung HW-Q990D / Panasonic UB820 / Ugoos AM6B+ (CE with avdvplus Build)
-
RESET_9999
- Posts: 2421
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Post
by RESET_9999 » Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:25 pm
daffie wrote: Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:07 pm
So CPM build always generates L5 - even when it's missing L5 ?
What does it generate exactly ? Does it use 0 (zero) value in those cases ?
Yes, it sets L5 to zero when missing.
The fact that Positive lift doesn't work is proof that a release without L5 is wrong.
Zetph wrote: Tue Mar 11, 2025 5:09 am
I'm confused, genuinely as I don't know if this is a specific topic for something or if there is something to learn.
I've always used makemkv for movies so far, and have always had DoVi and Atmos support withing the mkv container and just Jellyfin on Shield. Using a Hisense w/ eArc.
Is there something I should be aware of in the future when I want to upgrade to an LG or similar? Seems from the comments the answer is yes.
Or is this about reducing the disc size down and maintaining it?
Do yourself a favor and get the ugoos am6b+. No other player can match its DV quality/capabilities.
-
deadchip12
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am
Post
by deadchip12 » Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:41 pm
RESET_9999 wrote: Mon Mar 10, 2025 10:38 am
xml input auto edit l6
I finished adding DV to Avengers Endgame using your best version rpu. Watched the movie and there wasn't any issue. So should it be removed from the Not Sure! yellow table now?
-
RESET_9999
- Posts: 2421
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Post
by RESET_9999 » Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:46 pm
deadchip12 wrote: Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:41 pm
I finished adding DV to Avengers Endgame using your best version rpu. Watched the movie and there wasn't any issue. So should it be removed from the Not Sure! yellow table now?
You won't notice any visual defect or anything but when the metadata does not match the BL actual brightness, over-dimming will happen, and unless you know exactly how a specific shot is supposed to look, you won't notice anything wrong.
I explained and showed what would happen and why it is important to check the grades when doing P8 hybrid from two sources.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=236athosits
-
deadchip12
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am
Post
by deadchip12 » Wed Mar 12, 2025 12:23 am
RESET_9999 wrote: Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:46 pm
deadchip12 wrote: Tue Mar 11, 2025 4:41 pm
I finished adding DV to Avengers Endgame using your best version rpu. Watched the movie and there wasn't any issue. So should it be removed from the Not Sure! yellow table now?
You won't notice any visual defect or anything but when the metadata does not match the BL actual brightness, over-dimming will happen, and unless you know exactly how a specific shot is supposed to look, you won't notice anything wrong.
I explained and showed what would happen and why it is important to check the grades when doing P8 hybrid from two sources.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=236athosits
I see. So will you recommend me continue doing this? Because i'm considering it for the few Chris Nolan movies. They are all hdr10 and in the yellow table.
-
RESET_9999
- Posts: 2421
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Post
by RESET_9999 » Wed Mar 12, 2025 3:43 am
When in doubt, it's probably safer to use generated DV rpu or watch in HDR10.
-
deadchip12
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am
Post
by deadchip12 » Thu Mar 13, 2025 2:26 am
@RESET_9999
I just rewatched your "Transfer CMv 4.0 Dolby Vision from WEB streaming to Profile 7 Bluray disc" video and it only took you less than 2 minutes to extract the rpu from a movie? How is that possible? Mine took like more than an hour.
-
RESET_9999
- Posts: 2421
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Post
by RESET_9999 » Thu Mar 13, 2025 2:35 am
My PC has fast 7gb/s gen4 nvme drives
https://www.amazon.com/WD_BLACK-SN770-I ... r=8-3&th=1
deadchip12 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 2:26 am
it only took you less than 2 minutes to extract the rpu from a movie? How is that possible? Mine took like more than an hour.