Cars 2?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
goodgig

Cars 2?

Post by goodgig »

Wanted to back up my Daughters copy of cars2 BD, and it made 5 files (previews and what not) and 3 failed. The main movie(?s)failed to copy. Not a big deal, but was wondering if this was the par for the course with Disney / Pixar stuff? Using a new pioneer drive onto a brand new htpc. I use it for the most part to put all my concert DVD''s on, so no big deal, but found it interesting that it took so long to do, and then ultimately failed anyway. Not running any virus protection other than essentials.
crowfax

Re: Cars 2?

Post by crowfax »

goodgig wrote:Not a big deal, but was wondering if this was the par for the course with Disney / Pixar stuff?
No, it's not.

Turn on debugging and then rather than making an MKV file, after you insert the disc, press the "backup" button at the top, it will copy the whole disc to your computer. If it tells you at the end that there are inconsistencies in the hash check then you have a damaged or defective disc. There is no copy protection on Blu-ray that would cause read errors.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
mbryanr

Post by mbryanr »

I've been able to successfully backup the Cars2 BD.
What were the errors?

http://bluray-ua.net/00002/cars-2/bdinfo.txt
Last edited by mbryanr on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VideoWolf

Post by VideoWolf »

I was able to make a Backup of my Cars 2 using AnyDVD HD with MakeMKV. Sometimes, when a Movie is new, MakeMKV cant handle Disney's nasty DRM.

Manufacturers are always trying to come up with new ways to keep you from exercising your right to back up your own movies with new & more annoying DRM methods. Disney is one of the worst.
Sometimes, you might just have to wait for MakeMKV, or even AnyDVD HD to catch up.
oscillator

Post by oscillator »

I attempted to create an MKV of the main feature from Cars 2 and it failed. I then attempted a backup and got this:

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

The error is telling you the disc is damaged/faulty. If the hash check fails that is the only conclusion. Return it for a new one.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox