I successfully ripped a Blu-ray disk yesterday, but when I tried a UHD disk tonight, I got an error that "the volume key is unknown for this disc". I'm new to MakeMKV so I don't know if this is
- an AACS issue (the movie is from 2022 though and I couldn't find other postings about the movie),
- an MakeMKV license key issue (which may or may not have expired two days ago depending on the difference between "evaluation expires" and "version expires"),
- an issue with the disk (although I made sure it was pristine - no prints, smudges, scratches, or dust), or
- an issue with my drive (Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD).
The reason I might question my drive is that it's brand new but wouldn't flash with the LG slim BU40N image ("HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934.bin") via SDFtool. It worked fine via the command line though. (Maybe I didn't run SDFtool as an admin? I don't remember.) And, yes, I had the drive plugged into a secondary adapter so it had plenty of power.
For whatever it's worth, I've attached the AACS dump file. I'd appreciate any suggestions people might have. Thanks.
Clipboard01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.