Registration for Linux & Windows?

Everything related to MakeMKV
the_crowbar

Registration for Linux & Windows?

Post by the_crowbar »

If I purchase a registration key does that entitle me to use the software on both Windows and Linux? I have multiple computers. Does the purchase of a single license allow me to use the software on each of my computers?

Thanks,
the_crowbar
mike admin

Re: Registration for Linux & Windows?

Post by mike admin »

the_crowbar wrote:If I purchase a registration key does that entitle me to use the software on both Windows and Linux?
Yes.
the_crowbar wrote:I have multiple computers. Does the purchase of a single license allow me to use the software on each of my computers?
With single license you are supposed to use program at a single computer at a time. However MakeMKV has no checks to catch double usage and will never have Internet-based activation so it is more question of honesty.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

mike admin wrote:However MakeMKV has no checks to catch double usage and will never have Internet-based activation so it is more question of honesty.
Mike, you're kinda like my internet hero. If only more programmers trusted their users rather than weighing them down with DRM nonsense.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

mike admin wrote:With single license you are supposed to use program at a single computer at a time. However MakeMKV has no checks to catch double usage and will never have Internet-based activation so it is more question of honesty.
Just a quick question there. If I'm a single user, and I use it on several of my own computers at the same location, at the same time, will that be a violation of the terms?

E.g. Let's say I have 100 BDs I want to rip. To speed up the process, I install MakeMKV on four computers, and rip four discs simultaneously. Do I need four licenses?