makemkvcon can't find blu-ray titles

Everything related to MakeMKV
rlee8394

makemkvcon can't find blu-ray titles

Post by rlee8394 »

When using makemkv-con to rip blu-ray discs, the rip is fine, just can't find the title of the DVD. Always defaults to "Unknown." Using the GUI makemkv finds the titles no problem. Using makemkv-con-1.6.14-1.fc14.i686.

Thanks,
Ron
FamilyTimeHT

Re: makemkvcon can't find blu-ray titles

Post by FamilyTimeHT »

I get the same thing with makemkv-con-1.6.15. Works fine with standard DVD's, but not Buray. It happens with EVERY Bluray disc, very common titles. This is using a Vortexbox appliance. Any ideas? Seems like there is not much of a response about this issue from support.
rlee8394

Post by rlee8394 »

Yeah, I don't understand why the GUI works, but the console version doesn't, especially when the GUI is just a front-end for makemkv-con as I understand it.

Ron
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

You are right, makemkvcon is always used by GUI, so there shouldn't be any difference. Can you please post what command you're using and what is expected behavior?
rlee8394

Post by rlee8394 »

I'm not sure of the command as it is called from Vortexbox. Vortexbox can successfully identify non-Blu-ray discs without a problem. I posted the same question in the Vortexbox forum, but they said to post here. I'll dig into the VB code and post the command that calls makemkvcon.

Hopefully, you can provide the proper command, and I'll update in the VB code to see if it works. Can you provide the proper makemkvcon command ahead of time?

Thanks,
Ron
rlee8394

Post by rlee8394 »

Seems that Vortxbox uses lsdvd to get the titles. lsdvd doesn't seem to handle Blu-ray disks. The command:
makemkvcon -r info disc:0
seems to accomplish the same thing as lsdvdv.

Ron