Heya, I want to play blu-ray discs with Kodi using MakeMKV as the decryptor.
I can get the installed version Kodi to appear in the list of the "Integration" tab in the settings (installed in Program Files folder of C: drive), but not the portable version of Kodi. I'm guessing this is because there isn't any registry traces of the portable version of Kodi compared to the installed version.
Is it possible to have a portable version of Kodi appear in the "Integration" tab of MakeMKV's settings?
You can manually setup the integration; it's a simple copy/paste of a dll file provided by MakeMKV.
1. Check the folder where MakeMKV is installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV ).
2. Look for libmmbd64.dll if you're using a 64bit build of Kodi (or libmmbd.dll if your Kodi build is 32bit).
3. Copy and rename that dll file as libaacs.dll and overwrite the existing libaacs.dll that came with Kodi.
4. Make another copy of that same libmmbd64 / libmmbd file, rename it libbdplus.dll, overwrite the existing dll in Kodi.
segfaulted wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:55 am
You can manually setup the integration; it's a simple copy/paste of a dll file provided by MakeMKV.
1. Check the folder where MakeMKV is installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV ).
2. Look for libmmbd64.dll if you're using a 64bit build of Kodi (or libmmbd.dll if your Kodi build is 32bit).
3. Copy and rename that dll file as libaacs.dll and overwrite the existing libaacs.dll that came with Kodi.
4. Make another copy of that same libmmbd64 / libmmbd file, rename it libbdplus.dll, overwrite the existing dll in Kodi.
Hey thanks for the response!
I carefully followed your instructions, but Kodi can't play the blu ray I want it to.
RebeccaLS071 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:50 pm
Hey thanks for the response!
I carefully followed your instructions, but Kodi can't play the blu ray I want it to.
Is your installation of MakeMKV registered with a full license, free trial, or beta key? You'll need to make sure it's activated otherwise player integration won't work.
RebeccaLS071 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:50 pm
Hey thanks for the response!
I carefully followed your instructions, but Kodi can't play the blu ray I want it to.
Is your installation of MakeMKV registered with a full license, free trial, or beta key? You'll need to make sure it's activated otherwise player integration won't work.
Right now it's not activated as the August beta key's expired. I'll re-test when a new key's available
RebeccaLS071 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:50 pm
Hey thanks for the response!
I carefully followed your instructions, but Kodi can't play the blu ray I want it to.
Is your installation of MakeMKV registered with a full license, free trial, or beta key? You'll need to make sure it's activated otherwise player integration won't work.
Tested with the latest beta key, activated MakeMKV and playing blu-rays with Kodi portable works great!! Thanks!!