Response to Mac news (since thread is locked)

Everything related to MakeMKV
iFrog

Response to Mac news (since thread is locked)

Post by iFrog »

Was curious if this applies to those of us, who run an older version of macOS as well, or just Sequoia ? I would have responded to that thread directly, but since it was locked created this one to ask.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just thought I would add, that I was already familiar with the right click option going away. However since I have an older intel based iMac, Monterey is the last official supported version after that I'm either going with Linux on it, or using open core legacy patcher to install Sonoma , or a combination of both. Either way was mainly asking if the right click security for GateKeeper was the only change to MakeMKV on the Mac, or if there was more to be aware of.

Again thanks
dcoke22

Re: Response to Mac news (since thread is locked)

Post by dcoke22 »

I think this only affects the forthcoming Sequoia.
iFrog

Post by iFrog »

dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:12 pm
I think this only affects the forthcoming Sequoia.
Thanks, I had an idea it did, I just wanted to check since the post was vague, and the thread had been locked, so I couldn't ask on that thread. What about MakeMKV as a whole? I was starting to wonder if the project itself had died because there aren't many updates anymore, and whenever I've asked on the forum responses are slow to none compared to what they used to be. Also before asking any of those I checked the news section, and there aren't a lot of recent news posts. So just checking.

Thanks for the feedback.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I think MakeMKV is going as strong as ever. Hashed key updates seem to be taking a bit longer these days, but the volume of releases seems to be going up. As for program updates, in my time using MakeMKV, updates have never come on an even cadence, but they do keep coming.