Burning blank BR discs for friends from MKV files. Cinavia protection.

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ryanb0517

Burning blank BR discs for friends from MKV files. Cinavia protection.

Post by ryanb0517 »

I haven't seen a thread on this in 2024.

I bought a 50-pack of blank BR-D for burning movies for my friends who have blu-ray players. I understand the whole Cinavia watermark in the audio track that mutes the movie and gives a message 3 error.

I burnt a movie for a friend from a MKV file by using Blu-Ray Creator on DVDFab13 to an .ISO and then burning the .ISO to a disc with ImgBurn.

This blu-ray was made by Lionsgate and it's giving me a message 3 error on both his blu-ray and my blu-ray player.

Is there a workaround for this in 2024? I'd like to make some copies of blurays.

Thanks in advanced.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Burning blank BR discs for friends from MKV files. Cinavia protection.

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ryanb0517 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:23 pm
I haven't seen a thread on this in 2024.

I bought a 50-pack of blank BR-D for burning movies for my friends who have blu-ray players. I understand the whole Cinavia watermark in the audio track that mutes the movie and gives a message 3 error.

I burnt a movie for a friend from a MKV file by using Blu-Ray Creator on DVDFab13 to an .ISO and then burning the .ISO to a disc with ImgBurn.

This blu-ray was made by Lionsgate and it's giving me a message 3 error on both his blu-ray and my blu-ray player.

Is there a workaround for this in 2024? I'd like to make some copies of blurays.

Thanks in advanced.
Piracy (which is what you are doing) is not condoned here.

If you must, don't write discs. Just give them the mkv file on a USB thumb drive. Also, the player being used could be the problem. Anything from Sony (maybe some others) will have the Cinavia detection rubbish in it.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
ryanb0517

Post by ryanb0517 »

Sorry for that, I didn't mean to break the terms. Thanks for advising me.
zaqqaz6917

Post by zaqqaz6917 »

Many years ago I used to archive my bluray disks by burning copies and overcame the cinavia problem by using a bluray player that came out before cinvia was implemented as these pre-cinavia players don't have the required chip or whatever
Pre 2011