Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have an MKV license and just purchased an Asus. I would like to extend it to become a LibreDrive to open 4K UHD disks.
I want to use it with a Mac on the latest OS, but I also have a Win 10 laptop for execution if necessary.
From below MKV info this should be possible?
Can you help?
What does it cost?
Can I do it myself?
Best regards, Buldre
Norway
MKV info with BD inserted:
Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/rdisk2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E116
Serial number: —
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 76
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E116/ID71
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Email me for the flasher.
You will need to use windows
Send that info to me in the email
It's $25
You will need to use windows
Send that info to me in the email
It's $25
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
stoffel010170
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2024 12:48 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Hi
is it only possible to flash the device under Windows?
KR
Stefan
is it only possible to flash the device under Windows?
KR
Stefan
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
No pioneers can not be flashed on Linux VMS varry I recommend you use windows and email me for the auto flasherstoffel010170 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2024 12:50 pm Hi
is it only possible to flash the device under Windows?
KR
Stefan
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
Maskman
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2026 4:25 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Hi,
Which firmware for the ASUS BW-16D1H-U PRO please ? I also have issue with Nero Burning rom (a better software ?) which doesn’t detect my device
maybe need a driver I don’t have, just the default Windows one.
Thanks.
Which firmware for the ASUS BW-16D1H-U PRO please ? I also have issue with Nero Burning rom (a better software ?) which doesn’t detect my device
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
See guide below or email me or MartyMaskman wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2026 10:36 pm Hi,
Which firmware for the ASUS BW-16D1H-U PRO please ? I also have issue with Nero Burning rom (a better software ?) which doesn’t detect my devicemaybe need a driver I don’t have, just the default Windows one.
Thanks.
For an automated flasher
That's an lg drive not pioneer
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
Perez
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2026 4:33 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Hi,
can I flash this drive?
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: \Device\CdRom1
Aktuelles Profil: DVD-ROM
Produzent: ASUS
Produkt: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E115
Serienummer: TFDL026755WL
Firmware-Datum: 2019-03-07
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E115/ID71
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I know that RS8F00 is not flashable via the SDFTOOL. Any workaround? I really do not ant to brick my drive.
Thx a lot
can I flash this drive?
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: \Device\CdRom1
Aktuelles Profil: DVD-ROM
Produzent: ASUS
Produkt: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E115
Serienummer: TFDL026755WL
Firmware-Datum: 2019-03-07
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E115/ID71
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I know that RS8F00 is not flashable via the SDFTOOL. Any workaround? I really do not ant to brick my drive.
Thx a lot
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Sure email me that drive info section see below for emailPerez wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2026 4:42 pm Hi,
can I flash this drive?
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: \Device\CdRom1
Aktuelles Profil: DVD-ROM
Produzent: ASUS
Produkt: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E115
Serienummer: TFDL026755WL
Firmware-Datum: 2019-03-07
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E115/ID71
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I know that RS8F00 is not flashable via the SDFTOOL. Any workaround? I really do not ant to brick my drive.
Thx a lot
I have an automated flasher for it
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
PM sent.Perez wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2026 4:42 pm Hi,
can I flash this drive?
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: \Device\CdRom1
Aktuelles Profil: DVD-ROM
Produzent: ASUS
Produkt: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E115
Serienummer: TFDL026755WL
Firmware-Datum: 2019-03-07
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E115/ID71
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I know that RS8F00 is not flashable via the SDFTOOL. Any workaround? I really do not ant to brick my drive.
Thx a lot
-
Perez
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2026 4:33 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Coopervid wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2026 9:12 amPM sent.Perez wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2026 4:42 pm Hi,
can I flash this drive?
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: \Device\CdRom1
Aktuelles Profil: DVD-ROM
Produzent: ASUS
Produkt: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E115
Serienummer: TFDL026755WL
Firmware-Datum: 2019-03-07
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E115/ID71
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I know that RS8F00 is not flashable via the SDFTOOL. Any workaround? I really do not ant to brick my drive.
Thx a lot
Thx @ Coopervid!
My drive will now be displayed this way
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: G:
Produzent: PIONEER
Produkt: BD-RW BDR-S12U
Revision: 1.02
Serienummer: TFDL026755WL
Firmware-Datum: 2022-03-07
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8F01
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.02/ID43
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
4K Blurays can now be ripped? (not played... i know)
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
Ripped and played if you activate integration for VLC in Makemkv.
-
Perez
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2026 4:33 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
okay, was was just confused, because the firmware is still marked as "unpatched" and I thought it should be displayed as patched when UHD was activated.Coopervid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2026 3:46 pm Ripped and played if you activate integration for VLC in Makemkv.
I still have to check the integration for VLS in Makemakv (formally used DVDFab), but together with handbrake MakeMKV seems to be really great.
-
MartyMcNuts
- Posts: 5088
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm
Re: Asus BW-16D1H-U Pro
No. All Pioneer firmware is original so will never say patched. Only the some of the MT1959 firmware are patched. MK = MakeMKV patched firmware.Perez wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2026 4:09 pmokay, was was just confused, because the firmware is still marked as "unpatched" and I thought it should be displayed as patched when UHD was activated.Coopervid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2026 3:46 pm Ripped and played if you activate integration for VLC in Makemkv.
I still have to check the integration for VLS in Makemakv (formally used DVDFab), but together with handbrake MakeMKV seems to be really great.
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com