How not to buy fake Blu-Rays?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Folan

How not to buy fake Blu-Rays?

Post by Folan »

Hello, I’m looking for (The Office: Complete Series Blu-Ray), Amazon sells it for around 120$ and Walmart for 106$.

I found an Ebay listing from a 5 star seller (resalekollective) selling it for 72$, almost half the price of Amazon. But when checking the images, the printed box looks low resolution and edited (see image attached below) so I became skeptical, I’m still somewhat new to physical media, so is there something such as fake Blu-Rays? And how to check if it’s legit or not?

MartyMcNuts

Re: How not to buy fake Blu-Rays?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Folan wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:20 pm
Hello, I’m looking for (The Office: Complete Series Blu-Ray), Amazon sells it for around 120$ and Walmart for 106$.

I found an Ebay listing from a 5 star seller (resalekollective) selling it for 72$, almost half the price of Amazon. But when checking the images, the printed box looks low resolution and edited (see image attached below) so I became skeptical, I’m still somewhat new to physical media, so is there something such as fake Blu-Rays? And how to check if it’s legit or not?

If you want to avoid fakes, only purchase from a brick and mortar store.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
Folan

Post by Folan »

I’m not in the US, and there’s no physical media market where I live at all. So the only way to buy Blu-Rays are mainly from Amazon US and UK international shipping. It’s great since it offers a full international refund. So
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:28 pm
brick and mortar store.
isn’t really an easy option, any other suggestions?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Folan wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:41 pm
I’m not in the US, and there’s no physical media market where I live at all. So the only way to buy Blu-Rays are mainly from Amazon US and UK international shipping. It’s great since it offers a full international refund. So
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:28 pm
brick and mortar store.
isn’t really an easy option, any other suggestions?
What about the website of a brick and mortar store or other legit online stores? That's the risk you take when purchasing from ebay and Amazon.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
Folan

Post by Folan »

I could buy from Walmart or Bestbuy, but then I’ll have to use an international shipping service like MyUS or BoxIt4Me to ship it to my country.
The downside other than it being expensive, If it arrived faulty and/or I wish to return it for any reason, I’ll have to pay again to ship it back to the US Store.