Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
LV8HD

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by LV8HD »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:53 pm
you measure HDR with madMeasureHDR.exe and it will tell you maxcll/fall. You can also use workflow 6-2 in dovi_scripts which use madvr.

Code: Select all

madMeasureHDR.exe input.mkv
Thanks for the info. I'll use your script so that I can exclude black bars from the measurements.
LV8HD

Post by LV8HD »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:53 pm
you measure HDR with madMeasureHDR.exe and it will tell you maxcll/fall. You can also use workflow 6-2 in dovi_scripts which use madvr.

madMeasureHDR.exe input.mkv
After trying I get this error:

Drag and drop folder with HEVC video files or a single file and press enter...C:\Muxing\500.Days.of.Summer.2009.WEB-DL.2160p.HDR.mkv
  Do you want to exclude the letterbox? y or n and press enter... Cropping helps with MaxFALL accuracy but makes the process slower (3x) (default=n) MUST BE MOD2
y
Right border pixels offset...
Left border pixels offset...
Top border pixels offset...
Bottom border pixels offset...
Connecting LAV Video Decoder to madVR failed.
Reading generate config file...
Parsing madVR measurement file...
Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (os error 2)
Press any key to continue . . .
I have both LAV filters and madvr installed, what's happening here?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

yeah for some people, cropping doesnt work and i don't know why.
LV8HD

Post by LV8HD »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:08 pm
yeah for some people, cropping doesnt work and i don't know why.
It works now, I uninstalled and reinstalled both LAV filters and madvr. The problem was probably due to an outdated version of madvr.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

sw5163 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:01 am
mulucy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:55 am
Life is busy, havent been able to monitor the development of DV. Can someone explain why is it a big deal CMv2.9 vs. CMv4.0? I see the latter mentioned a lot here. I read the official document, but dont understand why its a big deal. Thanks!
CM v4.0 provides creators more control over tone mapping, thus it's more accurate when applied properly.
https://professionalsupport.dolby.com/s ... v-4-0-FAQs
https://professionalsupport.dolby.com/s ... tween-them
Thank you!
staknhalo

Post by staknhalo »

FonduemangVI wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:51 pm
staknhalo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:37 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:08 pm
2- Windows Energy Player
whatever problems watching at the computer/windows platform aside - is that the best windows store dv player then outside of any official dv pcs player etc?
RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:04 pm
and it's only because I know him personally and I know that he always does all the necessary checks.
Some older framestor releases are wrong and I just checked the Captain America hybrid is still available on BHD even though it's a VERY different grade and the RPU is not even in sync with the BL.
Same for their Black Widow release and others.

You can pm the list of hybrids you're not sure and I can have a look if i can find them.
Framestor Mando S02E08 Hybrid UHD out of sync too - prob all the (d+ or iT/D?) stuff
I just had a chance to check Mando and I can't see any sync issue. Can you provide a particular timestamp?
I'll get to this eventually - HVAC broke with part backordered so been out of my house for a couple weeks
Draco1544

Post by Draco1544 »

Hi,
What is DEE.exe and how I can get it ?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Draco1544 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:08 pm
Hi,
What is DEE.exe and how I can get it ?
https://professional.dolby.com/product/ ... ng-engine/
Quaid

Post by Quaid »

Awesome thread, been following since quietvoid shared his method. Recently grabbed Ugoos AM6B Plus and have been updating DV files in my library. Afew questions would really save me some time:
-I just started using Reset_9999's tools afew days ago, all my DV profile 8 files have been created with quietvoids old bat files, is there
any reasons to redo these profile 8 again with Reset_9999's tools since they are maintained/updated?
-I've been using 4-2 workflow with the new tools to create fel and it works really well but I cant workout how to choose which streams i want to encode instead of the whole .m2ts file - choose which audio, no subs etc.
-Is there a updated database somewhere that listed what UHD are FEL? so I know which films I have to update.

Thanks!
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

-I just started using Reset_9999's tools afew days ago, all my DV profile 8 files have been created with quietvoids old bat files, is there
any reasons to redo these profile 8 again with Reset_9999's tools since they are maintained/updated?
No, my ''tools'' are just scripts that use the same quietvoid's dovi_tool.exe
Or maybe you meant yusesope's old bat file (original method)? If your file works, I see no reason to remux them again with the newer dovi_tool.exe
-I've been using 4-2 workflow with the new tools to create fel and it works really well but I cant workout how to choose which streams i want to encode instead of the whole .m2ts file - choose which audio, no subs etc.
dovi_scripts has a workflow to create ST-DL but it's not very useful/efficient because it has to mux to a hevc file with dovi_tool and then mux to MKV. It would be best/faster if you used MakeMKV(free in beta) or mkvtoolnix instead, because it can mux a BD to ST-DL straight to MKV and you can select any audio/subs.
viewtopic.php?t=1053
Is there a updated database somewhere that listed what UHD are FEL? so I know which films I have to update.
idk but dovi_scripts Workflow 2-2 can quickly find if any input is FEL or MEL.
Quaid

Post by Quaid »

Thanks for the reply and all the answers.

I did not realize I could just drop the .m2ts file in toolnix and it would export STDL file, working great!
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

@RESET_9999 How do you get the dolby vision streaming version of Goodfellas? Can't find it anywhere.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

i dont remember
FLarnhill

Post by FLarnhill »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:58 am
i dont remember
In your "grade master check" section on your Google Sheets, you listed encoders to avoid doing DV hybrids. Any opinions on DVSUX, TEPES, LEGiON, DVT, FraMeSToR (not MainFrame), HuN-TRiNiTY, and Flights? I know that's a lot, I had no idea this was a full fledged community.
valington

Post by valington »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:58 am
i dont remember
Reset please advice torrent trackers with good seeding