Brand new to MakeMKV - A few questions/feature suggestions

Everything related to MakeMKV

Brand new to MakeMKV - A few questions/feature suggestions

Post by 582896 »

Is there a way to have MakeMKV to prefer higher quality audio streams when it's available? I just tried a bluray disc. For every single M2TS file, MakeMKV selected DTS 3/2+1 English instead of DTS-HD Lossless English. If there is no way to do this currently, could you please consider to make an option for this? This is particularly an issue for discs with many M2TS files.

Are there any plans for MakeMKV to try to automatically label MKV files (checking against IMDB/TVDB/TMDB) identifying the disc from it's label? It doesnt have to be perfect, but for circumstances that's very obvious (like automatically labeling the largest file in \BDMV\STREAM folder). Or, for TV season discs, to label the MKV's per Episode.

I sometimes get a warning message about disabling AnyDVD in order to prevent problems. It doesnt seem to make a difference whether it's enabled or not, I still get perfect MKVs (so far). Is there a way to turn off this warning message? If not, could you please make an option to disable this warning message at the user's risk?

Keep up the great work!
Registered MakeMKV user
mike admin

Re: Brand new to MakeMKV - A few questions/feature suggestio

Post by mike admin »

582896 wrote:Is there a way to have MakeMKV to prefer higher quality audio streams when it's available? I just tried a bluray disc. For every single M2TS file, MakeMKV selected DTS 3/2+1 English instead of DTS-HD Lossless English. If there is no way to do this currently, could you please consider to make an option for this? This is particularly an issue for discs with many M2TS files.
This functionality is coming.
582896 wrote:Are there any plans for MakeMKV to try to automatically label MKV files (checking against IMDB/TVDB/TMDB) identifying the disc from it's label? It doesnt have to be perfect, but for circumstances that's very obvious (like automatically labeling the largest file in \BDMV\STREAM folder). Or, for TV season discs, to label the MKV's per Episode.
Well, there is no really free service to query this data from.
582896 wrote: I sometimes get a warning message about disabling AnyDVD in order to prevent problems. It doesnt seem to make a difference whether it's enabled or not, I still get perfect MKVs (so far). Is there a way to turn off this warning message? If not, could you please make an option to disable this warning message at the user's risk?
This message comes through a pain - long time ago AnyDVD did corrupt some files and MakeMKV was failing for unknown reason. It took too much time to figure out the problem. The warning is harmless - MakeMKV doesn't change any behavior when it's reading AnyDVD-processed source.
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

May I make a suggestion?

How about a 'Check/Uncheck All' button?

I stick in a Blu-ray Disc and with some of them there appear to be 30 or 40 different titles - most of them tint little things. I have to uncheck them all manually.

Then, when I have just the film, I open that and there are dozens of audio tracks and subtitles. I usually only want 2 or 3 ticking. If I could uncheck them all it'd save me ages.

Steve W
reebok

Post by reebok »

if you right click it has a select/unselect all option.

Post by 582896 »

Wow, this is really a great forum and fantastic support. Thank you for adding the option to preferring HD audio (DTS-MA/TrueHD) instead of regular DTS/AC-3!

For whatever it's worth, I really hope one day we can have the "option" to ignore AnyDVD running in the background. I always like to play my bluray discs in my favorite directshow player before deciding whether to rip the disc with MakeMKV; so, pressing OK every time to that warning message gets tedious if I want to use MakeMKV frequently.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to the next MakeMKV release.