Jurassic World Dominion Which M2TS for which version

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
sgunes

Jurassic World Dominion Which M2TS for which version

Post by sgunes » Mon May 20, 2024 5:25 pm

I just bought the Jurassic World Dominion UHD and it has the theatrical edition and the extended edition. I am looking at almost 2 dozen M2TS files. I want to combine them for the TE and the ExtEd but how do I know which file goes with which version?
I am brand-new to this, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

MartyMcNuts

Re: Jurassic World Dominion Which M2TS for which version

Post by MartyMcNuts » Mon May 20, 2024 11:58 pm

sgunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:25 pm
I just bought the Jurassic World Dominion UHD and it has the theatrical edition and the extended edition. I am looking at almost 2 dozen M2TS files. I want to combine them for the TE and the ExtEd but how do I know which file goes with which version?
I am brand-new to this, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before.
When you select a .mpls playlist on the left, you will see a list of the m2ts files that are in that playlist in the lower right pane. Another way is to rip the entire disc, then run the decrypted folder through GetMPLS which will show you a list of the playlists and which m2ts files are included in each.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com

Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:18 am

Yes, you're jumping in at the deep end if beginning with UltraHD!

What I would suggest is to watch the disc on a regular household player and note down the runtimes of both the theatrical and extended editions (as well as any extras, if you want to rip them too), then open the disc in MakeMV and match up those runtimes with the relevant playlists (.mpls files).

You wouldn't normally rip all the segments (.m2ts files) separately unless you are doing your own seamless branching within the .mkv container.

sgunes

Post by sgunes » Tue May 21, 2024 4:25 am

When you select a .mpls playlist on the left, you will see a list of the m2ts files that are in that playlist in the lower right pane. Another way is to rip the entire disc, then run the decrypted folder through GetMPLS which will show you a list of the playlists and which m2ts files are included in each.
Thank you very much for this helpful answer.

sgunes

Post by sgunes » Tue May 21, 2024 4:28 am

What I would suggest is to watch the disc on a regular household player and note down the runtimes of both the theatrical and extended editions (as well as any extras, if you want to rip them too), then open the disc in MakeMV and match up those runtimes with the relevant playlists (.mpls files).

You wouldn't normally rip all the segments (.m2ts files) separately unless you are doing your own seamless branching within the .mkv container.
Thanks, I will cross-reference the different runtimes.