Error "application direcory '<unknown>' is invalid"

Everything related to MakeMKV
paradroid

Error "application direcory '<unknown>' is invalid"

Post by paradroid »

Since I upgraded to 1.6.12 (and .13), I see the following error in the log on startup:

MakeMKV application direcory '<unknown>' is invalid, the program will likely behave incorrectly

This wasn't there for 1.6.10 (and I skipped .11). From what I can tell though, everything works fine. I've tried starting makemkv.exe with its directory as the current working directory, but the error persists.

Any idea what this is about?
crowfax

Re: Error "application direcory '<unknown>' is invalid"

Post by crowfax »

Go into the program settings and configure the MakeMKV Data Directory, it's under the general tab.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
michael-m.mueller

Post by michael-m.mueller »

crowfax wrote:Go into the program settings and configure the MakeMKV Data Directory, it's under the general tab.
Same is happening for me... although I already knew where this setting has to be done and although I have already tried that several times, it still doesn't work.

When I try to set the path there, no matter what path I chose (even when I just open the settings dialog and don't change anything before klicking OK!), I receive the following error messages, in the described order:

- Windows Error Message "MakeMKV console application"
- MakeMKV error pop-up "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit".
- MakeMKV pop-up "Some settings will apply next time you start the application"

The path setting will NOT be saved/set after restart, the same behaviour will happen again and again.

I googled a little bit and found out that I don't have any file .../MakeMKV/settings.conf, but nevertheless MakeMKV does remind the video output folder set by me some versions ago... but THIS setting is stored in the windows registry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MakeMKV\app_DestinationDir], not in any separate conf-file.

Any idea or hint what I could further do? Maybe a missing destination key in the registry?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

michael-m.mueller wrote: - Windows Error Message "MakeMKV console application"
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do this when you get an application error dialog.
michael-m.mueller

Post by michael-m.mueller »

mike admin wrote:PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do this when you get an application error dialog.
Ah, sorry! I'll do that immediately and send you the dump-file.
Thanks in advance,
Michael