Hi. I have a question regarding this drive: Pioneer BDR-UD03...
Is it possible to rip uhd blu rays with this drive?
Does it support libredrive?
This is what it states in MakeMKV..
Drive informatie
Naam OS-apparaat: E:
Fabrikant: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-UD03
Revisie: 1.10
Serienummer: RKDL182319WL
Firmware details: intf=SAT gen=8511 krnl=GENE main=GENE ver=0000
Firmware datum: 2017-04-18
Bus encryptie flags: 1B
Geen disc aanwezig
Awaiting your response,
mostlife
Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
-
MartyMcNuts
- Posts: 5088
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
@mostlife,
Currently no Pioneer drives are UHD ripping comaptible. There are a few folk on here that do have some UHD friendly drives available for purchase, if you are interested, depending on your location.
For USA, please contact @Billycar11 or @jonghotti.
For Europe, please contact @asmcom.
For Australia, New Zealand, you can contact me.
Thanks
Currently no Pioneer drives are UHD ripping comaptible. There are a few folk on here that do have some UHD friendly drives available for purchase, if you are interested, depending on your location.
For USA, please contact @Billycar11 or @jonghotti.
For Europe, please contact @asmcom.
For Australia, New Zealand, you can contact me.
Thanks
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
-
mostlife
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 4:36 pm
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
I would like to contact asmcom for purchase of UHD friendly drive,
but private message has been disabled.
How am I suppose to order?
but private message has been disabled.
How am I suppose to order?
-
st4evr
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
By reading. Your question was answered here:mostlife wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 am I would like to contact asmcom for purchase of UHD friendly drive,
but private message has been disabled.
How am I suppose to order?
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 643#p74643
We can’t read it/do it for you and there is no need to spam the forum with the same question over and over in separate posts. This forum is active and someone will usually help/advise as soon as possible.
-
MartyMcNuts
- Posts: 5088
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm
Re: Pioneer BDR UD03 compatibility
And it is not UHD Friendly!!Barryhaise wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 am The Pioneer flagship BDR-2209 is the worlds fastest 16x internal Blu-ray drive that also supports 128GB BDXL media
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
-
Saebasan
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
Hi,
This is an old post, but it seems that Pioneer drives benefit of a better compatibility/support today.
Me too I have a BDR-UD03.

I've already freed two LG drive, however concerning this Pioneer BDR-UD03, I don't quite understand how to do?
I went to this page as well:
viewtopic.php?t=27378
Does someone can explain me how to make the UD03 a libredrive?
Good day.
This is an old post, but it seems that Pioneer drives benefit of a better compatibility/support today.
Me too I have a BDR-UD03.

I've already freed two LG drive, however concerning this Pioneer BDR-UD03, I don't quite understand how to do?
I went to this page as well:
viewtopic.php?t=27378
Does someone can explain me how to make the UD03 a libredrive?
Good day.
Last edited by Saebasan on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libredrives: HLDS BH16NS58 (ext. enclosure), HLDS BH14NS58
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
-
dcoke22
- Posts: 4585
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 pm
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
I think one of the sellers here, Billycar11, might have a flasher available for that drive. You should email him. Find his contact info here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831Saebasan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:16 am Hi,
This is an old post, but it seems that Pioneer drives benefit of a better compatibility/support today.
Me too I have a BDR-UD03.
I've already freed two LG drive, however concerning this Pioneer BDR-UD03, I don't quite understand how to do?
I went to this page as well:
viewtopic.php?t=27378
Does someone can explain me how to make the UD03 a libredrive?
Good day.
-
Saebasan
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
I may be wrong, but I didn’t see any mention of a « flasher » in that page. He explains his flashing offer for those who don’t want to do it by themselves, and he shows some drives already flashed for sells.dcoke22 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:58 amI think one of the sellers here, Billycar11, might have a flasher available for that drive. You should email him. Find his contact info here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831Saebasan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:16 am Hi,
This is an old post, but it seems that Pioneer drives benefit of a better compatibility/support today.
Me too I have a BDR-UD03.
I've already freed two LG drive, however concerning this Pioneer BDR-UD03, I don't quite understand how to do?
I went to this page as well:
viewtopic.php?t=27378
Does someone can explain me how to make the UD03 a libredrive?
Good day.
Anyway, that’s not my topic.
I’ve already flashed two LGs, and I would like to try with this Pioneer UD03 by myself.
Regards.
Libredrives: HLDS BH16NS58 (ext. enclosure), HLDS BH14NS58
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
Yeah I can flash that pioneer email meSaebasan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:40 pmI may be wrong, but I didn’t see any mention of a « flasher » in that page. He explains his flashing offer for those who don’t want to do it by themselves, and he shows some drives already flashed for sells.dcoke22 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:58 amI think one of the sellers here, Billycar11, might have a flasher available for that drive. You should email him. Find his contact info here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831Saebasan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:16 am Hi,
This is an old post, but it seems that Pioneer drives benefit of a better compatibility/support today.
Me too I have a BDR-UD03.
I've already freed two LG drive, however concerning this Pioneer BDR-UD03, I don't quite understand how to do?
I went to this page as well:
viewtopic.php?t=27378
Does someone can explain me how to make the UD03 a libredrive?
Good day.
Anyway, that’s not my topic.
I’ve already flashed two LGs, and I would like to try with this Pioneer UD03 by myself.
Regards.
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
Saebasan
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
You surely are a talented “flasher”.
However, as I’ve already done 2 drives by myself, I would to do this one too, by myself.
I already have 2 freed drives.
So, freeing the UD03 is not an absolute necessity, nor an emergency either.
This is just to have a portable libredrive, if possible.
Eventually, can someone provide the link to the firmware for the UD03 here?
G’day
However, as I’ve already done 2 drives by myself, I would to do this one too, by myself.
I already have 2 freed drives.
So, freeing the UD03 is not an absolute necessity, nor an emergency either.
This is just to have a portable libredrive, if possible.
Eventually, can someone provide the link to the firmware for the UD03 here?
G’day
Libredrives: HLDS BH16NS58 (ext. enclosure), HLDS BH14NS58
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
There is no public flasher available for pioneer at this time.
Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
-
Saebasan
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
Thank you.SamuriHL wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:48 pm There is no public flasher available for pioneer at this time.
So, in fact, pioneer drives are still not a good option for libredrive purposes…!?!!?
Is that the conclusion we can take?
Libredrives: HLDS BH16NS58 (ext. enclosure), HLDS BH14NS58
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
they are the best option if you get one with old fw or are willing to get it professionally flashedSaebasan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:51 pm
Thank you.
So, in fact, pioneer drives are still not a good option for libredrive purposes…!?!!?
Is that the conclusion we can take?
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
Saebasan
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
I vamped this one from an old notebook. So, I can tell it is old.Billycar11 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:13 amthey are the best option if you get one with old fw or are willing to get it professionally flashedSaebasan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:51 pm
Thank you.
So, in fact, pioneer drives are still not a good option for libredrive purposes…!?!!?
Is that the conclusion we can take?
Makemkv tells me the firmware is from dec. 2015.

So, I was maybe mistakenly pre-assuming that this drive was from 2015…
However, right now while opening it, it seems that the manufacturing is dec. 2013.

Maybe a little old in order to make it a proper libredrive. I don’t want to throw money in it, if after we just notice that this drive wasn’t able to read 4 layers and or UHD disks…
So, I’d like to flash it myself if possible.
Would it make sense???
Libredrives: HLDS BH16NS58 (ext. enclosure), HLDS BH14NS58
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
Other: Pioneer BDR-UD03
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6239
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03 compatibility
Pioneers from 2013 can do UHD after being flashed
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
