As the title says. I bought a BP55EB40 and successfully flashed it to LibreDrive. However, I am unhappy with the flimsiness of it. Can't imagine it to work for a long time.
What is the forum recommendation for the most reliable (reads even slightly damaged discs), most formats-reading (including UHD) player for 2024? Can also be recommendation for used ones to get unlocked firmware versions.
Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
-
kamineko
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 am
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
Please let us know your country of residence to give the best advice for a Pioneer. And also if you prefer a slim or 5,25" drive.
-
kamineko
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 am
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
Country of residence: Germany.
As I wrote, I actually bought a slim drive, but don't think much of the build quality. In the distant past, I had to walk over to a computer with an internal 5 1/4" drive to read optical discs which the slim externals refused to read. If this is not the case anymore, I am happy with a small slim drive.
So it has to be either a robust slim drive or a 5 1/4" drive, for which I have leftover enclosures.
As I wrote, I actually bought a slim drive, but don't think much of the build quality. In the distant past, I had to walk over to a computer with an internal 5 1/4" drive to read optical discs which the slim externals refused to read. If this is not the case anymore, I am happy with a small slim drive.
So it has to be either a robust slim drive or a 5 1/4" drive, for which I have leftover enclosures.
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
See PMkamineko wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:55 am Country of residence: Germany.
As I wrote, I actually bought a slim drive, but don't think much of the build quality. In the distant past, I had to walk over to a computer with an internal 5 1/4" drive to read optical discs which the slim externals refused to read. If this is not the case anymore, I am happy with a small slim drive.
So it has to be either a robust slim drive or a 5 1/4" drive, for which I have leftover enclosures.
-
kibu2
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:42 am
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
I have the same interest as OP and am also located in Germany; would you be so kind to send / forward me that PM as well, please?
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
PM sentkibu2 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:52 am I have the same interest as OP and am also located in Germany; would you be so kind to send / forward me that PM as well, please?
-
dragmore88
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:26 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
same questions here, tho for norway = 5,25 size SATA
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
-
eddysh001
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:33 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
Can someone please help me with the drive recommendation too?
I am in US
I am in US
-
FaustVonBurg
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:15 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
Likewise, I am looking to purchase a compatible drive, external, preferably slim. I gave my old system away which had two drives for UHD ripping in them. I have not been ripping for a few years and so I am lost as to how to best proceed. I'm in UK.
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
-
PM2010
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:01 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
Country of residence: Germany
Drive size: 5 1/4" SATA
Please send me the info via a PM as well.
Drive size: 5 1/4" SATA
Please send me the info via a PM as well.
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
PM sent.PM2010 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:04 pm Country of residence: Germany
Drive size: 5 1/4" SATA
Please send me the info via a PM as well.
-
PM2010
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:01 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
Thanks for the PM.
Two questions:
Two questions:
- I'm just interested in processing standard Blu-ray and DVD discs, but not UHD - do I still need to modify the drive?
- Is the recommend drive suitable for EAC as well?
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?
It works for DVD and BD right away and also for EAC.PM2010 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:45 am Thanks for the PM.
Two questions:
- I'm just interested in processing standard Blu-ray and DVD discs, but not UHD - do I still need to modify the drive?
- Is the recommend drive suitable for EAC as well?