Feature for future releases...

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ghost71dk

Feature for future releases...

Post by Ghost71dk »

I get a message "Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages" several times during a proses. I often use VirtualCloneDrive to mount a .iso or .img and then use MakeMKV in order to see the flick on my tv. This means that my system indeed reads its info faster than it writes it - no surprice there, but it would be nice to be able to turn error messages on and off...

Also...

It would be nice to be able to name the output file. A small user-input field with the name of the file you're creating below the "Output folder"-field...?

Cin
Ghost71dk
---------------------------------------------
Life is like a box of chocolade:
you never know what you're gonna get!
Forrest Gump
---------------------------------------------
Ghost71dk

Re: Feature for future releases...

Post by Ghost71dk »

Another feature that would be handy (perhaps in the paid version) is the ability to "hard code" the subtitle with the picture. I have a Samsung LED flatscreen that can play MKV-files but it cannot play the subtitles... :cry:
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Ghost71dk wrote:Another feature that would be handy (perhaps in the paid version) is the ability to "hard code" the subtitle with the picture. I have a Samsung LED flatscreen that can play MKV-files but it cannot play the subtitles... :cry:
MakeMKV does not do re-encoding (which is required to render subtitles in the video).
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

Ghost71dk wrote:Another feature that would be handy (perhaps in the paid version) is the ability to "hard code" the subtitle with the picture. I have a Samsung LED flatscreen that can play MKV-files but it cannot play the subtitles... :cry:
The best way to get subtitle compatibility is to extract the subtitles to a .sup file using MKVcleaver and then convert them to an IDX/SUB file or SRT file using BDsup2sub. Then re-mux the IDX/SUB back into the mkv container with the audio and video streams. This will essentially convert the blu-ray pgs subtitles into standard DVD style subtitles which most players are compatible with.

Only other way to do it is re-encode the video with subtitles hard-coded. Takes a lot longer especially for high def material.