All UHD Disk now "The volume key is unknown for this disc"

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
coolbreeze

All UHD Disk now "The volume key is unknown for this disc"

#1 Post by coolbreeze » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:39 pm

Within the last 9 days (don't know the exact day) all of my UHD disks are no longer able to be copied. I recently copied a disk (It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown) on 10/15/2023 without issue. When I try to copy this disk now, it fails. I have tried MakeMKV 1.17.5 on 3 different computers (2x WIn 11 fully up-to-date and 1x Win 10 that is 2 months late on patches).

All 3 had the same issue. I have download the sdf.bin file manually from https://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin and copied it to the proper directory. It gets absorbed into the _private_data.tar file.

I'm attempting to copy a new UHD disk (The Italian Job) and that is also failing. I verified that the tgz for the disk I have was emailed several months ago (verified via forum posts).

I have also unblocked Russia and manually downloaded the sdf.dat.gz from the hkdata site. It was able to download on the computer without issue. However, putting it in the correct MakeMKV folder didn't get it to absorb like the sdf.bin did.

I am also not receiving any errors in MakeMKV about "unable to download".

"Enable Internet Access" is enabled in the preferences as well.

Any suggestions on how I can get UHD working again would be well accepted.

dcoke22

Re: All UHD Disk now "The volume key is unknown for this disc"

#2 Post by dcoke22 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:30 pm

Do regular blu-rays or DVDs work?

#3 Post by 62274677 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:04 pm

I am having similar issue. I believe I have unblocked Russia, but regardless do not seem to see a different error message regardless of whether I have enable internet checked or unchecked (it doesn't even say it can't download).
It errors out on all UHD drives including ones that I was able to rip before. I can provide any additional information..

tnuhnivad

#4 Post by tnuhnivad » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:28 pm

Hello, I recently got a drive from billy and had this same issue. My HK lookup was also failing. Billy, suggested I use a VPN when opening the disc files. This fixed my it for me. I use ExpressVPN