Can't enable LibreDrive for Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Drive

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
anwudgf

Can't enable LibreDrive for Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Drive

#1 Post by anwudgf » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:01 am

Hello,

I recently bought the Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD External Blu-ray drive for my ThinkPad T15g. I also have an older LG External Blu-ray drive that was able to bypass the encryption and successfully copy data onto my NAS right out of the box. The build quality and form factor of the Pioneer drive are excellent, but I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been able to perform the necessary processes to copy data from a 4K Blu-ray.

Am I overlooking something? Can anyone provide links to reliable software patches or fixes that can help me achieve my goal of accessing and copying the data?

Thank you!

David

MartyMcNuts

Re: Can't enable LibreDrive for Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Drive

#2 Post by MartyMcNuts » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:14 am

anwudgf wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:01 am
Hello,

I recently bought the Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD External Blu-ray drive for my ThinkPad T15g. I also have an older LG External Blu-ray drive that was able to bypass the encryption and successfully copy data onto my NAS right out of the box. The build quality and form factor of the Pioneer drive are excellent, but I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been able to perform the necessary processes to copy data from a 4K Blu-ray.

Am I overlooking something? Can anyone provide links to reliable software patches or fixes that can help me achieve my goal of accessing and copying the data?

Thank you!

David
Some light reading for you...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30383
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com