The MakeMKV does not see video stream in BDAV-format Blu-ray disc.
The BDAV disc format is the consumer oriented alternative to the BDMV discs.
This disc was created by tsMuxeR from SmartLabs LLC.
As an alternative to tsMuxeR. You could in the mean time, use eac3to. As the disc is encrypted there is no need to use any decryption software. And to be honest of your fine with the m2ts format. You really should only have to copy away the largest m2ts file on the disc.
basic info on eac3to for bluray backup (this will auto join all the needed files into 1 mkv):
I did not create this disc, I have downloaded it. It is homemade disc. I would like to rip it into one mkv with changed metadata. MKV is more convenient format for me and for my MythTV media center . I can't use 'eac3to' because I use Linux .
I can rip it manually using 'tsmuxer' & 'mkvmerge' but I can not keep native PGS-subtitle .
This forum software doesn't appear to provide for links to individual posts. Here's a link to the thread (Again, look for my March 14th post to the thread):
mike admin wrote:The BDAV support is planned ion near future. The exact time frame is unknown.
Any update on this one? I recently bought MakeMKV (Very pleased) but could not rip my BDAV ones...
These BDAV movies are Anime for my daughter that I recorder with Media Center and then exported on BD (Japanese LOVE DRM)..