Ripping Blu-Rays With DTS-HD audio tracks

Everything related to MakeMKV
PaPaGeorGeo

Ripping Blu-Rays With DTS-HD audio tracks

Post by PaPaGeorGeo »

Hi

Loving this program and will be looking to buy if you guys can solve this problem for me.

I recently bought my Blu Ray drive and I'm looking to digital back ups of all my Blu-Rays. At the moment Ive been successful making back ups of Movies that have Dolby True HD Audio tracks but when ever i try and do a movie with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks, It appears that the lossy DTS track is being selected

Thanks in advance
Romansh

Re: Ripping Blu-Rays With DTS-HD audio tracks

Post by Romansh »

PaPaGeorGeo wrote:Hi

Loving this program and will be looking to buy if you guys can solve this problem for me.

I recently bought my Blu Ray drive and I'm looking to digital back ups of all my Blu-Rays. At the moment Ive been successful making back ups of Movies that have Dolby True HD Audio tracks but when ever i try and do a movie with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks, It appears that the lossy DTS track is being selected
Did you select the DTS-HD track in MakeMKV? How exactly do you check whether it's regular DTS vs. DTS-HD afterwards?
PaPaGeorGeo

Post by PaPaGeorGeo »

Thanks for the reply

I've only been selecting the lossless track

Using media info, also when adding to xbmc it just shows DTS instead of DTS-HD
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

DTS-HD is a variant of DTS. MediaInfo will report DTS for all variants of DTS. No idea about whether XBMC differentiates DTS from DTS-HD, but based on your report, I assume not.

Note that XBMC uses libavcodec for decoding, and libavcodec's DTS decoder doesn't yet support DTS-HD (it discards the HD extensions and decodes the core). Passthrough to a receiver may be possible, however (haven't checked in a while).
Last edited by Romansh on Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaPaGeorGeo

Post by PaPaGeorGeo »

Here is a screenshot from Media info, I just want to be sure this is the right audio track before i spend hours and hours going through my collection.

Thanks