Need help flashing LG WH16NS40

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Thecomputertech1337
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:41 am

Need help flashing LG WH16NS40

Post by Thecomputertech1337 »

So I want to get my drive flashed, however I don't know fully what I'm doing. And the last thing I want to happen is it to brick. And yes I know I can pay $25 for remote flashing but I would rather save $25 and flash this on my own

So this is the drive I bought:
LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Super-Interna ... C94&sr=1-1
drive info.PNG
(Don't ask why I crossed out the S/N)

I downloaded the firmware from mike admin thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113
Looking at the SVC code on the physical drive its NS50
IMG_1382.JPG
And is this the one I need?: \mk-firmware-pack-20200720.zip\mk-firmware-pack-20200720\MK\HL-DT-ST\WH16NS40-NS50\HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.05-NM00900-212005061440.bin
Because it say's it's version 1.05, which I thought was already on the drive. Or is it patched in some way? Because I thought I recall the patch was on 1.02. And if this isn't the correct one, where do I find the correct one?
Would it be this from this video and which one of these bin files is it?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfpf6HoMMis
other versions.PNG
I apologize if this is very messy. I just want to make sure that I'm doing this right.

Also what flasher program do I use to patch this drive? The one from the video?
Help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Billycar11
Posts: 6239
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Need help flashing LG WH16NS40

Post by Billycar11 »

Guide linked below
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments