Hi everybody,
I am using makemkv since a while, but I am not sure why I have of choice of so many audio lines with it ?
E.g. on my Blu-ray is DTS-HD, why do I have an option with makemkv for 2 audio lines ? Something like 3/2 and lossless DTS-HD?
Why is always the 3/2 line marked and not the lossless line?
For what do I need the 3/2 line ?
I prefer an 1:1 copy of the audio source, what do I have to mark exatcly ?
best regards
Tronico
What about lossless options ?
-
skittle
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:23 am
Re: What about lossless options ?
the 3/2 option is plain old DTS or Dolby track. It is the default because many people do not have equipment to playback lossless audio. If your equipment can playback losless then go ahead and check it.
-
Tronico
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:40 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
Thanks for your reply.
Is it necessary to keep the 3/2 audio line or can I leave it?
Is it necessary to keep the 3/2 audio line or can I leave it?
-
setarip_old
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:31 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
No...Is it necessary to keep the 3/2 audio line
-
choochee
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 am
Re: What about lossless options ?
Hrmm I choose lossless and only DTS comes up on the amp and not DTS MA.
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
You have to be a bit more specific than that. What player are you using? Are you sure that player is capable of bitstreaming DTS-HD MA from an MKV container? Not all players are created equal.choochee wrote:Hrmm I choose lossless and only DTS comes up on the amp and not DTS MA.
-
Tronico
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:40 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
I have the same situation as choochee wrote.
With when i put the Blu-ray in my player I have e.g. DTS-HD, after mkv conversion it shows only DTS. This is why Iam wondering...
With when i put the Blu-ray in my player I have e.g. DTS-HD, after mkv conversion it shows only DTS. This is why Iam wondering...
-
skittle
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:23 am
Re: What about lossless options ?
Either you didnt check DTS-HD when using MakeMKV, or your playback device does not support DTS-HD in MKV,
-
choochee
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 am
Re: What about lossless options ?
I chose DTS-HD only, I use XBMC for MKV's but I did try Total Media Theatre which I usually use for BD discs/isos etc and even that couldn't output DTSMA, strangely I also have multiple movies showing in MakeMKV to choose from, 2-3 usually which differ in size a little, I usually choose the first one and strip everything else.
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
TMT doesn't support bitstreaming DTS-HD MA from an MKV container. Hence, it's not likely your MKV, but, your player.
-
choochee
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 am
Re: What about lossless options ?
So I guess XBMC doesn't as well, so what media player does support it??
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
I use mpc-hc with ffdshow audio decoder. Works great.
-
corvin
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:49 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
WD live tv hub will pass through hd audio and plays mkv well.
-
choochee
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 am
Re: What about lossless options ?
Well, after installing both, it's a little bit more involved then that, I can't seem to get the pretty blue light on my Denon to work.SamuriHL wrote:I use mpc-hc with ffdshow audio decoder. Works great.
*I followed a guide and got DTSMA to work. I still don't understand why MakeMKV shows more then one title with around the same GB, for e.g. Legion, there is two titles, the first is 27.7GB with 15 chapters and the second title is also 27.7GB with 60 chapters.
Title row two
Source file name: 00001.mpls
Duration: 1:40:08
Chapters count: 15
Track information
Type: Audio
Name: Lossless
Language: English
Codec: DTS-HD
Channels: 6
Sample rate: 48000 kHz
Bits per sample: 24
Title row three
Source file name: 00010.mpls
Duration: 1:40:08
Chapters count: 60
Track information
Type: Audio
Name: Lossless
Language: English
Codec: DTS-HD
Channels: 6
Sample rate: 48000 kHz
Bits per sample: 24
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: What about lossless options ?
I couldn't tell you why there's 2. I can guess. I would say one is some special feature, perhaps director's commentary or some other thing where they overlay something on top of the movie while it's playing. That's just a guess.
As for the MPC-HC setup, yea, it's not a simple "install them and you're done" kind of thing. Sorry about that. There is definitely some setup involved in getting it to work. Basically you add ffdshow audio decoder to the external filters in MPC-HC options, set it to prefer, and then double click it to open the ffdshow properties. On the output section of the ffdshow properties, make sure all the passthrough options are set. That should then allow bitstreaming to happen. My setup is a bit more involved than that, but, this really isn't a forum about setting up playback.
As for the MPC-HC setup, yea, it's not a simple "install them and you're done" kind of thing. Sorry about that. There is definitely some setup involved in getting it to work. Basically you add ffdshow audio decoder to the external filters in MPC-HC options, set it to prefer, and then double click it to open the ffdshow properties. On the output section of the ffdshow properties, make sure all the passthrough options are set. That should then allow bitstreaming to happen. My setup is a bit more involved than that, but, this really isn't a forum about setting up playback.