Backup failed reading dvd due to region lock?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
littlebeeper

Backup failed reading dvd due to region lock?

Post by littlebeeper »

Hello,

I am on MacOS 12.5 with MakeMKV 1.17.1 and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong? I have a DVD to backup and it fails. My drive is an Apple USB Superdrive and it is region set to 4 I think, and this is a region 2 disc.

It seems MakeMKV is failing due to this? but I thought that MakeMKV could work around it?

Help would really be appreciated!

Thanks

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.1 darwin(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as /Users/littlebeeper/MakeMKV_log.txt
Optical drive "DVD+R-DL HL-DT-ST DVDRW GX50N RR06 KZ8Z2Q25155d" opened in OS access mode.
Backing up disc into folder "/Users/littlebeeper/Movies/backup/MIMI_CRACRA.iso"
Region setting of drive HL-DT-ST:DVDRW GX50N does not match the region of currently inserted disc, trying to work around...
Region setting of drive HL-DT-ST:DVDRW GX50N does not match the region of currently inserted disc, trying to work around...
DEBUG: Code 2 at &s,2l3q&d"JEE:121263682
DEBUG: Code 0 at ?R``SJY7)%)^>0kC@VEN:29397909
DEBUG: Code 233 at OuYzWl35q/3eiKsm8MHeZ2cf:0
Backup failed
littlebeeper

Re: Backup failed reading dvd due to region lock?

Post by littlebeeper »

Ripping DVD with Mac DVDRipper Pro to an ISO works fine. So it there something to be done for MakeMKV?