Green bars/frames start of movie

Everything related to MakeMKV
Borzich

Green bars/frames start of movie

Post by Borzich »

Hi all

I've just found this awesome program, that makes Blu ray ripping oh so easy, and I'm loving it. Now i have noticed that out of 3 movies that i have tryed ripping, 2 of them actually begin with these green frames/bars at the start of the movie, they are only brief for like a second or so, and then the movie continues on fine. Is this because of I haven't purchased the full version or am i not doing something right?

I was on the verge of purchasing this program, that's the only thing holding me back.

Looking forward to any feedback !
skittle

Re: Green bars/frames start of movie

Post by skittle »

What are you using to playback? This is likely the culprit
Borzich

Post by Borzich »

Currently i am using windows media player classic - home cinema. Previously i was using SPlayer and the same green bars were appearing, also 1 movie failed to launch in SPlayer.

Also found the same green bars appearing when i playback the movies on my WDTV Live.

I will try a different Player once i get home, perhaps VLC might be a ok choice ? Will report back

Thank you again !
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Are you using original, commercial Blu-ray discs as your source material for these problematic rips?
Borzich

Post by Borzich »

Yes these are original blu ray discs which i i have purchased in australia.

If i remember correctly the first movie that i ripped did not produce any of these green bars. But then about 20 days later i decided to rip the next two movies, and they both had the green bars at the start of the movie. Could some sort of computer configuration in the last 20 days have produced this problem ?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

If i remember correctly the first movie that i ripped did not produce any of these green bars. But then about 20 days later i decided to rip the next two movies, and they both had the green bars at the start of the movie. Could some sort of computer configuration in the last 20 days have produced this problem ?
One way to find out would be to re-rip the FIRST disc (The one that DIDN'T exhibit green bars.

Another option would be to perform a System Restore back to the last time things were working properly...