MKV file and new wdtv media player what next

Everything related to MakeMKV
carlos

MKV file and new wdtv media player what next

Post by carlos »

ok im new to this. have converted my transformers dvd into a mkv file. great but now what steps to get the file readable by my new wdtv player?
crowfax

Re: MKV file and new wdtv media player what next

Post by crowfax »

All 3 versions of the WDTV can read MKV files by default, just put the file MakeMKV made and plug it in.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Icetrips

Post by Icetrips »

WDTV player could have trouble if you have more then 1 audiotrack.
It's why I don't buy one WD Live.

The fun of MKV format is have more than just one audiotrack.

Try to play your mkv and if you have trouble try with only one audiotrack (ac3 audio).

This could fix your problem if you have one.
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA
carlos

Post by carlos »

crowfax wrote:All 3 versions of the WDTV can read MKV files by default, just put the file MakeMKV made and plug it in.
thanks for that
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Note that IIRC the WDTV still doesn't support PGS Subtitles in MKV.
cozzmo

Post by cozzmo »

I've had no problems with MKV's with multiple *supported* audio tracks. When you have unsupported tracks though that will cause issues with WDTV.

As above, WDTV doesn't support PGS subs and if you convert them to SUP files they work just fine, but need to be manually selected when you start the MKV even if they're set as a forced stream.

If you remux with later versions of MKVToolnix you will also need to disable header compression during the remux process or make sure you have got a later version of the WDTV firmware which will handle header compression. (that info for 'WDTV Live', not sure about other earlier generation products).
carlos

Post by carlos »

crowfax wrote:All 3 versions of the WDTV can read MKV files by default, just put the file MakeMKV made and plug it in.
thanks