Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
kazuma

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kazuma »

so the best udh player voor dolby vision mp4 is the sony ubp-x700? which one you guys recommended? or the LG UBK90?
andy22

Post by andy22 »

@RESET_9999
Just a test to convert HDR10+ to DV

I cant get the scripts (1.26) to work, at the end there are always

Code: Select all

(os error 2)
errors any tips? I did set a custom output path and it creates /Temp folder with files in it correctly, but than always breaks with those errors?

Drag and drop your HDR10plus MKV/MP4/TS file and press enter...Z:\Downloads\Dolby-Vision-Tools\test.mkv
Do you want to crop RPU... y or n ? (y when HDR10-BL is cropped and DV isnt) and press enter...
Measuring the HDR10 video letterbox...
min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Extracting track 0 with the CodecID 'V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC' to the file 'z:\TEMP\HDR.hevc'. Container format: HEVC/H.265 elementary stream
Progress: 100%
Extracting HDR10plus...
Reading parsed dynamic metadata... Done.
Reordering metadata... Done.
Generating and writing metadata to JSON file... Done.
Parsing HDR10+ JSON file...
Generating metadata...
Generated metadata for 57044 frames
Done.
Error: expected value at line 4 column 16
EditConfig {
    mode: 0,
    convert_to_cmv4: false,
    remove_mapping: false,
    active_area: None,
    remove: None,
    duplicate: None,
    min_pq: None,
    max_pq: None,
    level6: Some(
        ExtMetadataBlockLevel6 {
            max_display_mastering_luminance: 1000,
            min_display_mastering_luminance: 1,
            max_content_light_level: 0,
            max_frame_average_light_level: 0,
        },
    ),
    level9: None,
    level11: None,
}
Parsing RPU file...
Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (os error 2)
MDL.max: 1000
MDL.min: 1
Maxcll: 0
Maxfall: 0
injecting RPU-L6-L5.bin ...
Parsing RPU file...
Parsing RPU file...
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
"The script has completed."
Press any key to continue . . .
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

andy22 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:05 pm
you must answer y or n to this question:
"Do you want to crop RPU... y or n ? (y when HDR10-BL is cropped) and press enter..."
If you just skip, the L5 JSON will be missing information and the script will fail.
andy22

Post by andy22 »

Oh ok was assuming there is a default, seems to work now.
Maybe add a extra warning/repeat the question, if there cant be a default, so this is more clear?

Thanks
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

andy22 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:06 am
Oh ok was assuming there is a default, seems to work now.
Maybe add a extra warning/repeat the question, if there cant be a default, so this is more clear?

Thanks
Yes, all the other modes have a warning and it seems I forgot for that mode. I Will had it in next release.

if "%cropL5_path%"=="" echo Must choose y or n, press a key to try again... & rmdir /Q /S "%TEMP%" & pause & goto :start.over
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

ArArdin wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 6:31 am
Mattl0 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:07 pm
Your am6 plus will work with that fw : )>
Thanks, Mattl0 :)
Do not hold your breath on this… still same crappy dolby vision. Tested on all players I can think of and all formats.

Better stay with sony x800m2
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

Mattl0 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:12 am
Do not hold your breath on this… still same crappy dolby vision. Tested on all players I can think of and all formats.
Sorry to hear. Nevertheless many thanks for testing already. I didn't update yet.
I haven't used my Ugoos for a long time so I'm not up-to-date with developement of both CoreElec and Android. Isn't there a special Kodi DV build for Android that maybe performs better on DV playback with this new FW? Or does the new Android FW already provide with best Kodi version?
floyd12

Post by floyd12 »

Hello all,

I have a big doubt on something.

I managed to use (I think correctly) the quietvoid's and yusesope's tools to mux Web-DL DV metadata with Base layer HDR bluray remux for several titles.

Now I have the HDR Tenet Bluray Remux and the DV Web-DL version.
You probably know that the bluray version has the IMAX format ratio but the Web-DL version has 2.35 format ratio.

My question is, is there a way to do the same with different aspect ratio without distorting the director's vision?

I know it has already been discussed in this topic, and read something about L6 metadata etc... But it's complicated to understand exactly what is the precautions to take and the workflow, and I'm french so it's not helping :wink:

Can you please enlight me on this subject? Or indicate me the page on this topic where it would be explained?

Thank you very much.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

floyd12 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:36 pm
My question is, is there a way to do the same with different aspect ratio without distorting the director's vision?
you can do it by editing L5 but it won't be accurate especially if there are highlights in the imax area... see: https://screenshotcomparison.com/compar ... p?id=22977
IMAX metadata has pixels that the bluray doesnt have.
Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:44 pm
floyd12 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:36 pm
you can do it by editing L5 but it won't be accurate especially if there are highlights in the imax area... see: https://screenshotcomparison.com/compar ... p?id=22977
IMAX metadata has pixels that the bluray doesnt have.
Will editing L5 per frame, e.g. (0,0,0,0) for IMAX that is full screen and (0,0,280,280) for 2.35:1, make the metadata accurate? I realize it's tedious. The last film I did this for had an editor json with over 125 lines.
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Gatorman wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:15 pm
Will editing L5 per frame, e.g. (0,0,0,0) for IMAX that is full screen and (0,0,280,280) for 2.35:1, make the metadata accurate? I realize it's tedious. The last film I did this for had an editor json with over 125 lines.
sure but it's still not accurate because the L1/L2 metadata are generated by analyzing every pixel of each frame/shot. So mathematically, the metadata cannot be the same because 1 video has more pixels to analyze.
So in that case you are lying to your TV. DV is all about the most accurate tone mapping according to the metadata the TV receives.
Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 pm

sure but it's still not accurate because the L1/L2 metadata are generated by analyzing every pixel of each frame/shot. So mathematically, the metadata cannot be the same because 1 video has more pixels to analyze.
So in that case you are lying to your TV. DV is all about the most accurate tone mapping according to the metadata the TV receives.
Would it be more accurate/better to use madVR to generate an RPU from the non-DV blu-ray?
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Gatorman wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 pm
Would it be more accurate/better to use madVR to generate an RPU from the non-DV blu-ray?
I think so unless it's a very bright HDR grade and that the L2 trim passes have a huge impact on the tone mapping.
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

Gatorman wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 pm
That would imply removing L2 trims, which isn't any better.
stn17

Post by stn17 »

Does auto L5 work well enough in the latest Dolby tools? Playing around with madVR RPU injector, can't figure out how to manually L5 for a 4:3 movie that is presented in 16:9 with black bars on the side.