A few failed DVD's

Everything related to MakeMKV
TODDMKV

A few failed DVD's

Post by TODDMKV »

I just finished coverting my DVD collection to MKV's and have 7 DVD's of around 200 that wouldnt work. There are only a few repeating problems so any insight in how to get these ripped would be great.

"Fatal Error occurred, Program wil now exit." This pops up in a "MakeMKV Popup Window"
- Fun with Dick and Jane
- Click

Fails to save the MKV file immediately after clicking the "MakeMKV" button. You get the error less than a second after hitting the button, it can't be even making an attempt.
- Duran Duran - Live in London (dont laugh for some reason my 5yo loves it)
- The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe

No main title is listed in the menu of titles, only smaller available titles.
- Rendition

Fails to save file at the very end of the process. IE at 100% complete, get the "0 saved, 1 failed" message when it all looks OK.
- Blade Runner
- Muse Live Royal Albert Music Hall (this one is an old PAL disc that was covereted to a Video TS structure on my HD. Disc is bad, no longer available. Video TS structure plays fine, but can't make the MKV. Disc 1 is in the same state but coverted fine from the Video TS structure.

I finally got Blade Runner to work by created an ISO file form the original disc, and then convereted from the ISO to MKV. Not sure why this worked, but wont with the others.

Logs uploaded.
TODDMKV

Re: A few failed DVD's

Post by TODDMKV »

Additional logs.
Last edited by TODDMKV on Sat May 15, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TODDMKV

Post by TODDMKV »

Last Log
Krobar

Post by Krobar »

Are these Region 1 or Region 2?

I managed to copy Fun With Dick and Jane and Rendition (Both R2 UK)
TODDMKV

Post by TODDMKV »

Krobar wrote:Are these Region 1 or Region 2?

I managed to copy Fun With Dick and Jane and Rendition (Both R2 UK)
I think the two concerts are region 2, the others are region 1.
usul27

Post by usul27 »

I'm having a similar problem with "Beat Street" Region 2 DVD.
Both Windows and MacOS version abort with an error. Other programs do not have any problem with this disk.
Error is "Fatal Error occurred, Program wil now exit." on Mac and "Failed 1" on Windows.
Is there any better error reporting that will help you to find the problem?
mikeinessex

Post by mikeinessex »

Hi mike did mention on another thread that on the next edition of makemkv there will be fied issues with dvd. up untill now bluray has been top priority. me and krobar have sent all the logs and files we have to mike which cover all errors you said so when the new one comes out should solve all your problems mate :)
TODDMKV

Post by TODDMKV »

mikeinessex wrote:Hi mike did mention on another thread that on the next edition of makemkv there will be fied issues with dvd. up untill now bluray has been top priority. me and krobar have sent all the logs and files we have to mike which cover all errors you said so when the new one comes out should solve all your problems mate :)
Thanks, thats good to know!
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

The only disc I've had a crash issue with has been Daybreakers. I sent the logs off to Mike with the IFO's last week. I'm not in a rush to watch it but for the sake of completion I'd like to have it archived.

Anyway, good news that the next version will fix a lot of these problems!
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

This thread reminded me of a handful of DVDs I had ripped a while back that MakeMKV didn't like. I stuck them in a "problems" folder so I could submit all the logs at once and promptly forgot about them. So I fired up the latest MakeMKV today and every last one of them worked!

For the record, most were older discs from the James Bond collection. Fantastic! :mrgreen:
mikeinessex

Post by mikeinessex »

spiderman 3 region 2 dvd is still not working after the update of 1.5.6
mikeinessex

Post by mikeinessex »

infact all dvds i sent in my info for still do not work
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

mikeinessex wrote:infact all dvds i sent in my info for still do not work
Sounds interesting. Do you see any changes from 1.5.5 at all?
mikeinessex

Post by mikeinessex »

not really. it may of tried harder to debug then before but the outcome of each dvd it still the same with errors and when they error
danielg

Post by danielg »

This thread is only 12 years old.

But I did want to say - MakeMKV struggled for quite some time with my Region 1 "Fun with Dick and Jane" DVD.

However, it eventually succeeded and ripped it just fine! No fatal errors like in post #1. Even found both the fullscreen and widescreen titles.

Always great to see a product that just gets better...