Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray

Everything related to MakeMKV
donpimp

Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray

Post by donpimp » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:59 am

I am looking to backup my blu-rays. I want to store the copies on media not the hard drive. I read here you first make a MKV then use tsMuxer to create the ISO (which I can then burn).

So as a trial run I copied one of my DVDs (yes DVD) to MKV...success. Played in VLC...success. Then I used tsMuxer to create a Blu-Ray ISO. Then to see if that file worked I played the ISO in VLC...boom no sound! The video looked great but even the Audio Menus were grayed out. This tells me the Audio track didn't come along? What went wrong?

donpimp

Re: Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray

Post by donpimp » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:35 pm

OK the above test was with my lite-on DVD burner. I am now doing the same with a Blu-Ray burner I just bought. So no "DVD" involved this time. So far so good the sound seemed to go with the ISO! I am now trying to get it on to a disc using "isoburn" that comes with Windows10.

dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:55 am

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to rip a blu-ray and then burn it back to disc?

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:38 am

donpimp wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:59 am
I am looking to backup my blu-rays. I want to store the copies on media not the hard drive. I read here you first make a MKV then use tsMuxer to create the ISO (which I can then burn).

So as a trial run I copied one of my DVDs (yes DVD) to MKV...success. Played in VLC...success. Then I used tsMuxer to create a Blu-Ray ISO. Then to see if that file worked I played the ISO in VLC...boom no sound! The video looked great but even the Audio Menus were grayed out. This tells me the Audio track didn't come along? What went wrong?
probably because you created a bluray iso out of a dvd folder structure they have different structures
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com